Dragon Age: Inquisition - Content Complete

"In that same way, President Obama can't post random musings on his personal blog and expect people to be understanding either."

I think Gaider can't expect idiots to be understanding. He also might have a wee bit more latitude to express himself than the leader of the free world.

You do realise that internet is dangerous place, right? If you post something online, you'd have to expect just about everyone out there have chance to see it. Then he has no excuse to bitch about what others will say on what he posted on *internet*.

Wasn't expecting to set off this particular discussion, but I stand by what I said. Gaider didn't say certain fans, or specific fans, or over zealous fans. He said "It’s not a process that any fan will truly understand." Emphasis mine.

Broadbrush condemnation of any and every fan of theirs out there. Of course the stuff he describes happens. I don't deny it, one only needs to look at the forums, But it is disrespectful to say we all act like that, and we all are ignorant of the processes that go into developing these games. Some bad things go on in the classroom, so every single kid in the class needs to be punished, and painted in a bad light.

I'm sorry, but I simply find such phrasing disrespectful to the fanbase. I don't deny this sort of thing happens, nor can I blame him for being bitter about it, but that doesn't mean every single fan of theirs acts like that and is worthy of the scorn.

Wasn't expecting to set off this particular discussion, but I stand by what I said. Gaider didn't say certain fans, or specific fans, or over zealous fans. He said "It’s not a process that any fan will truly understand." Emphasis mine.

The emphasis is incomplete. It dismisses the negative form of the preceding verb.

Considering his training, Gaider must command a litteral understanding of the language. Considering it is Bioware, he might use it to stir controversy.

He did not write

"It’s a process that no fan will truly understand."

He did not write

"It’s not a process that any fan will not truly understand."

What he wrote is roughly the equivalent of "it is a process that some fans but not all will not truly understand.

He speaks of a fan in general, and excludes exemptions.

He probably did it on purpose knowing that people will jump on the opportunity to misread his comments.

He probably did it on purpose knowing that people will jump on the opportunity to misread his comments.

Yup, this gives him an opportunity to pour scorn on those who misread him.

So... 3 pages and 45 comments later and you are all still talking about Gaider. From a marketting standpoint I'd say thats a 'mission accomplished'. Funny part is that for all the outrage, nobody that was going to buy the game has changed their minds. Internet PR at its finest.

Except that almost nobody here is planing to buy DA:I on the release day. So the outrage and the PR campaign are just a kind of a background noise for the most of us.

Last edited:
The emphasis is incomplete. It dismisses the negative form of the preceding verb.

Considering his training, Gaider must command a litteral understanding of the language. Considering it is Bioware, he might use it to stir controversy.

He did not write

"It’s a process that no fan will truly understand."

He did not write

"It’s not a process that any fan will not truly understand."

What he wrote is roughly the equivalent of "it is a process that some fans but not all will not truly understand.

He speaks of a fan in general, and excludes exemptions.

It could mean either "It’s a process that no fan will truly understand." or "It's a process that some fans but not all will truly understand." His meaning is unclear and was most likely an off the cuff remark he didn't put much thought behind.

He just sounds fatigued is all. Whether he should be airing that out for the world is another matter.

But, of course common fans wouldn't have a clue as to what's a priority - they don't have access to the design doc nor the schedule.

He just sounds fatigued is all. Whether he should be airing that out for the world is another matter.

But, of course common fans wouldn't have a clue as to what's a priority - they don't have access to the design doc nor the schedule.

That doesn't mean some of those can't figure out that you have to cut content. Saying that it's not something any fan can comprehend is just not very smart if you care about PR.

That said, we don't know if the quote is actually correct - but we have no reason to assume it's not.

Yeah after the stuff i can get somewhat behind a few news above, this is a prime example of why Gaider usually annoys me.
It's not only Gaider though, the whole new Bioware seems extremely self righteous.

Actually rereading that other news bit, he sounds just as self righteous there.
Agreeing with the points made there must have clouded my judgement:p.

Back
Top Bottom