The Witcher - 1.5 Patch Now Available

magerette

Hedgewitch
The official site for CDProjekt's crpg The Witcher announces that the latest patch, v 1.5, is now available for download:
We are happy to inform that latest patch version for The Witcher is now available to download!
Here are the features of patch 1.5:
Modifications:
- copy securities (DRM) are removed
- playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive
- patch solves problems with EAX and blurred graphics
Additionally:
- 5 bonus adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘The Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’.
In order to install patch 1.5 correctly, original Witcher game upgraded to 1.4 (i.e. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition) should be installed.
You might also want to download the new game-difficulty modification, "Flash Mod", prepared by our community member Andrzej "Flash" Kwiatkowski. Now surivivng in the world of The Witcher will be much more challenging than ever before!
You can pick up the patch at the link above, and also at Action Trip, Worthplaying, and The Patches Scrolls.
More information.

You mean "fixes available long ago and some random mods combined together in new single .exe are now available!", because it's not a patch.

I just don't understand CDP Red, they made a great game but all this "hype" (or whatever it is) is kinda stupid.

Well if it's nothing but hype, it's working on me. Because I still love 'em. In a climate where post-release support and improvement has become so uncommon, I think CDP Red should be emulated, not panned.

The new adventures are fanmade. From what I've seen so far, the English is not very polished, and no voice acting in the one I've tried; but that's ok. Only problem is, that now suddenly my game has started crashing while trying out one of these adventures.

EDIT: I've started with "A Merry Witchmas" now, and it seems a lot more polished, language-wise especially, than "Deceits" which I had tried out earlier. Ok - I'll take this to "The Witcher" thread.

Last edited:
You mean "fixes available long ago and some random mods combined together in new single .exe are now available!", because it's not a patch.

I just don't understand CDP Red, they made a great game but all this "hype" (or whatever it is) is kinda stupid.

It is standard content patch, something very usual in MMO genre, plus it fixes small bugs and removes DRM. Why this shouldn't be called a patch is beyond my perception.

Because that patch exists from long ago but was called "fix" and the only difference is that it didn't have fanmade mods included but you had to download them yourself from the site.

So they just combined fix and some fanmade mods and called it a patch.

It was available from long ago... in the fix...

Er, why are you ignoring the DRM removal? That's the real core of this patch.
That's only relevant if you had the enhanced version, as patch 1.4 removed the dvd check on vanilla (and for me at least the dvd check never worked, it would spin the drive up then start no matter what was in it).

But even without that I don't really get objections to it being labeled as a patch- else we'd probably have to start calling wesp's Bloodlines patches something different.

I just think it is great that they keep supporting and enhancing this!

I second that statement Mike :) Not many companies would keep up supporting a game like this.

I find it sorta odd that people complain about this. What do people want anyways? When a company doesn't support a game, they say it's because the company only cares about making money and when a company does support a game and tries to improve it with patches, added content and a new release they say that the company is milking it's product. It's all very confusing.

I'm afraid I have to call you out, skavenhorde my friend. :) You can't have a Poison Wind Globadier as your Avatar while calling yourself a "Grey Seer". It's just not right, dammit! ;)

He's one of my minions in my vast horde :)

Well, technically I just liked the way the guy painted this model. Do you know how hard it is to paint that little ball he's holding to look like there is green gas enclosed in glass? I've never been able to. But don't worry for you I'll get Thanquol up there as soon as possible :p

Ok back to the topic of bitching about patches that aren't patches. ;)

Now we just need a hotfix for the graphics glitch during cut scenes while running in any 16:10 resolution.

Huh? I never had any problems with cutscenes on my 1680x1050, what does this glitch do?

Because that patch exists from long ago but was called "fix" and the only difference is that it didn't have fanmade mods included but you had to download them yourself from the site.

So they just combined fix and some fanmade mods and called it a patch.

Well, they are calling it a patch...not an expansion. I think this is at least on par with any other company's patch for most of their games, and it adds a bit of extra stuff (fanmade or not) just for fun.

Seems patchy to me.

Huh? I never had any problems with cutscenes on my 1680x1050, what does this glitch do?

basically you get a lighting/shader glitch that makes your graphics appear to be at low detail. It doesn't always happen, and tends not to inside buildings, but a lot of people are effected. Check the main boards, there is a 19 page post about it.

basically you get a lighting/shader glitch that makes your graphics appear to be at low detail. It doesn't always happen, and tends not to inside buildings, but a lot of people are effected. Check the main boards, there is a 19 page post about it.
A 19 page post :wideeyed:
....or a 19 page thread?

I used to get this on my x1950xt, but since switching to a card that actually has full shader precision I've not seen it.

EDIT: woah.. the thread you refer to was the one I started ages ago. Better update it :p

Back
Top Bottom