Ex-The Old Republic Executive Producer Founds New Bethesda-owned Studio

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rich Vogel, previously executive producer on Star Wars: The Old Republic has founded his own studio Battlecry Studios. I'm interested in seeing what games they will develop but also hope it's not another mp game.

Here's his tweet:
A big, Texas welcome to industry vet Rich Vogel and his new Austin-based studio, Battlecry Studios, on joining the Bethesda family today.
And here's the press release.
Bethesda Softworks Opens Battlecry Studios in Austin

Long-time Industry Veteran Rich Vogel to Head Development at New Studio

October 3, 2012 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, is pleased to announce it has established a new studio in Austin, Texas, Battlecry Studios, to be headed by long-time industry veteran Rich Vogel. Most recently, Vogel worked at Bioware where he served as the executive producer on the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Rich has a long history in the industry having worked on Ultima Online, and Star Wars Galaxies as well as other online and console titles during his 20+ years in game development. The new studio is currently hiring other experienced game developers to fill key roles for an unannounced project.

“I have always admired and respected Bethesda’s approach to making great, original games,” said Vogel. “It’s a belief and passion I share, and I’m looking forward to building a team of high quality developers who want to bring that same commitment and creative energy to the games we’ll be creating.”

“We are very pleased to have someone with Rich’s vast experience join us at Bethesda,” said Vlatko Andonov, President of Bethesda Softworks. “Rich has a history of building and managing talented development teams and bringing high quality games to market, and we look forward to working with him on a new exciting project.”

Battlecry Studios will be the second ZeniMax studio located in Austin, joining Arkane® Studios, whose highly-anticipated title, Dishonored™, ships this month. For more information about Bethesda Softworks and available jobs at Battlecry Studios, visit: http://jobs.zenimax.com/.

The only "non mp" games he worked on was Mass Effect, all the others were MMOs or MMOs expansions.

The only "non mp" games he worked on was Mass Effect, all the others were MMOs or MMOs expansions.

So he is probably working on another MMO or MMO expansion for Bethesda then.

wasn't there talk of an elder scrolls online, or did I just say something scary?

wasn't there talk of an elder scrolls online, or did I just say something scary?

It's being developed by Bethesda's new online studio. This is a another studio they formed and bought.

"Battlecry" ? Sounds like a maker for wargames to me.

Back
Top Bottom