Max Payne 3 announced

Grrrreat! I've waited a long time for this. But it's being developed by Rockstar Vancouver, and not Remedy. Oh well. As long as it turns out great I've got no problem. And it's slated for release this winter.

ign said:
Rockstar has announced that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC this winter. Rockstar Vancouver is developing the game, which will tell the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games, said: "We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game." He continued: "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

IGN
Official Website

max_art_bg.jpg

New ! Darker ! Bloodier ! More cynical !

("Nothing new ?")

("Nothing new ?")

LOL my thoughts exactly...

Besides the original games setup being a blatant rip off of The Punisher, I thought it had a nice enough story, how everything was narrated. I liked the comic aspect and the bullet time really was great stuff, I'm surprised it wasn't repeated to death in other games.

The second one was ho-hum despite it trying to be as edgy as possible.

Also, the movie was soooooo bad!! And that's one of the few games I could see actually being made into a movie!

Quick edit, why does Max suddenly look like some Russian mobster?

Quick edit, why does Max suddenly look like some Russian mobster?

He looks very much like the Max Payne from MP2. But older and with a beard. Thanks to niroIF for the image.

maxg.jpg

And imo the movie wasn't that bad. I'd easily give it 7/10. While giving the games 10/10.

Here's hoping they explore more of the psychological of what Max is going through. I'm hoping they turn Max into something disturbed and dark.

Also, did anyone hear something that this will be the last Max Payne game in the series? I remember reading something like that. And I hope not.

The second one was ho-hum despite it trying to be as edgy as possible.
The 2nd game was absolutely fantastic. The best rail shooter of its time. I replayed it a few months ago, It's still great.
I think it was less edgy than the first though.

Also, the movie was soooooo bad!! And that's one of the few games I could see actually being made into a movie!
I quite liked the movie. Pretty solid, even though it lacked action.

("Nothing new ?")

Well Max payne games were a film noir themed action games. Although there was lots of clever dark humour thrown in the mix. :)

Damn! I see someone beat me to it! :lol:

The Max Payne games are fantastic, two of my favorite non-RPGs. I've been craving another sequel for a long time.

Oh, I just tried to imagine how people would reat if we had a series with the total opposite ... ;)

Not dark Film Noir, but the exact opposite. ;)

("Boooooooringgggggg !!!!!!!!!!!!")

No-one would buy it. ;) No-one would want to see it as a movie. ;)

Good to see this finally coming. Yay for MP! Heh, you won't believe that I still have not had the time to watch the movie. Must really make a plan soon, I had actually looked forward to it when it was first announced.

Watch the trailer again, and pay close attention to what it says at 1:23. :)

Read the line were its says trailer made with in game footage.;)

Never was a big fan, and about the only thing I used to really enjoy about it was the atmosphere and strong "noir" style.

Clearly, that's not part of it anymore.

Never was a big fan, and about the only thing I used to really enjoy about it was the atmosphere and strong "noir" style.

Clearly, that's not part of it anymore.

No because Max is no longer a cop so hence there is no need for the dark noir theme anymore.

Wrong. Payne is part of the noir since the beginning. Everyone hates R* for what they did to Payne. He used to be a badass cop that kicks and punches everyone there. Now I don't recognize him anymore. Why did they change this great saga to a shitty GTA themed? :S

And why did they give him such shitty face? Nobody recognizes him. He's now like a punk who got prommoted from a neonazi group.

Oh come on, everybody knows that the dark levels of the first two games were dark only because of technological limitations, if the original would have been made today it would have looked just like Max Payne 3. Gotta respect rockstar for taking this old shitty series into the future yo.
You're just mad cuz it isn't shitty and bleak.

Back
Top Bottom