Deus Ex - The Nameless Mod Coming Soon

This is one of those times where I search for emoticons to see if you are joking ... asking about Deus Ex is like asking about Doom or Fallout or Baldur's Gate or teh Ultima, Wizardry or Final Fantasy games ...

Nope, I didn't have the benefit of forum wisdom in the past for game selection and it sounds like the kind of thing I wouldn't really have picked up off the shelf for a random experiment.

Are there any good sources for download?

EDIT - legal purchase & download of course.

Are there any good sources for download?

EDIT - legal purchase & download of course.

I'm sure it's available for download, or you can try here for a cheap retail copy. I always prefer to have the physical copy+manual for the good ones. ;)

Stay away from Deus Ex:Invisible War. DXIW is the vastly inferior sequel that was developed for PC and consoles.

I actually prefer when multiple endings are done that way. I don't think you should be forced to replay 75% of the game just to see a different ending.

When I first played it I would of agreed with you, but The Witcher spoiled me with decisions that I made hours ago having a real impact on where the game goes and ends.

GOTY Edition on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Game-Year-Pc/dp/B00005B44D

GOTY Edition on Direct2Drive:
http://www.direct2drive.com/78/product/Buy-Deus-Ex:-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-Download

What can I say, I'm a nerd who doesn't has a lot of free time;) Seriously though, when I played DE the first time I liked how I could get all three endings. Thought it was cool I could see them all. But after The Witcher I sorta want to know my decisions have some kind of effect on the overall game.

Do I kill him or let him live? He may help me in the end or may make it harder. Makes making the decisions a little more real and less let's reload and see what happens this time.

Don't get me wrong, it's still one of the best games and this is a minor complaint. It wasn't even a complaint at the time, but the games have evolved to incorporate some amazing features that they didn't have back then like changing the whole game as you play.

I just googled "Dues Ex buy" and those were the first two that showed up. One a download and of course Amazon. I've never even bought anything through Ebay (yet) I still prefer real shops (even online ones) to individuals.

I just googled "Dues Ex buy" and those were the first two that showed up. One a download and of course Amazon. I've never even bought anything through Ebay (yet) I still prefer real shops (even online ones) to individuals.

Ebay is a great place to buy games, I use it to get a lot of hard-to-find older titles. Not everying on Ebay is "used" either, you might be surprised how easy it is to find older games that are still factory sealed.

I actually prefer when multiple endings are done that way. I don't think you should be forced to replay 75% of the game just to see a different ending.

To me it depends on the game - I love the way they do it in The Witcher, and also in Deus Ex - each works in their own context. Jedi Academy, however ...

Ebay is a great place to buy games, I use it to get a lot of hard-to-find older titles. Not everying on Ebay is "used" either, you might be surprised how easy it is to find older games that are still factory sealed.

I'll have to give it a shot now, it's the only place I can find Chaos League. I guess I'll need to resurrect my old Paypal account. Thx for the info JDR.

Thought I'd throw this brand spanking new trailer at you guys, it's a little more representative of the final quality of the mod than some of the 6 year old material on Youtube!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless-mod/videos/the-nameless-mod-launch-trailer

Our new website is also up, but the change hasn't yet propagated to all the name servers, so if you're still seeing the old one, check back in a few hours :)

Great trailer! One of the lines in there made me laugh out loud.

New site looks good too.

Back
Top Bottom