RPGWatch - Windows 10 is not compatible with SafeDisc and SecuRom games

All I can say to this is : "Bruahaha !"

If you want to fuel the fire by being an idiot, that's on you :)

What happened in the last 4 months that turned your aptitude for well thought out discussions to just jumping straight to name calling if someone disagrees with you?

The keystoke searches send to Bing and the like can be disabled, the only thing Windows 10 still sends after the privacy settings are enabled are some telemetric data but there are ways to disable this too.

Otherwise Windows 10 is well optimized and works very well.

As for those TOS terms it is just the typical overbroad TOS and mostly applies to the OneDrive service that can be disabled too.

What happened in the last 4 months that turned your aptitude for well thought out discussions to just jumping straight to name calling if someone disagrees with you?

Idiots happen all the time. Sometimes, I react. SirJames is an aggressive poster and he can take as good as he gives.

I don't know about you, but being called a frog with a terrible attitude who's too stupid to notice being in boiling water can be considered a personal attack. It certainly doesn't seem like more pleasant communication than "name-calling".

But I don't really go in for that sort of thing. I just call 'em like I see 'em. People who jump to "conspiracy theory" with zero underpinning are idiots. Irrational, destructive and paranoid might be a more precise description, though.

Yes, we're all still weak and stupid, so it's really just an example of why this is also true for SirJames.

Your observation might be motivated by something other than pure intentions as Wisdom the forum policeman. Maybe you should think about why you're reacting so strongly based on so little?

Last edited:
My motivation stems from years of watching good discussions on here. Your logic could be followed regardless of the topic or how 'emotional' the thread became. The last while they hardly seems objective and lack the capacity you generally are capable of.

If you scan my previous 100 posts you'll see I'd make a terrible policeman. Thanks for the vote of confidence and unwanted title though. Appreciate the faith you put in me.

Windows 10 seems to work quite well for me also. The privacy issues are problematic for me; but at least Microsoft is straightforward about information that they are collecting (compare Google's approach). And for those who have no privacy concerns, there are various benefits that Microsoft can provide to the user.

Regardless, for those like me who prefer to keep their own private info in a continuing state of privacy, there's a nice freeware app by pcx-coding, DoNotSpy10, that disables the current 37 privacy issues in Windows 10:

Disable Telemetry
Disable Biometrics
Disable Handwriting Data Sharing
Disable Handwriting Error Reporting
Disable Application Telemetry
Disable Inventory Collector
Disable Steps Recorder
Disable enabling Lock Screen Camera
Disable and Reset Cortana
Disable Location
Disable Sensors
Disable Web Search
Disable Windows Media DRM Internet Access
Defer Windows Upgrades
Disable App Notifications
Disable Password Reveal Button
Disable and Reset Advertising ID
Disable SmartScreen Filter for URLs
Disable Sending Writing Info
Disable Access to Language List
Disable App Access to Location Info
Disable App Access to Camera
Disable App Access to Microphone
Disable Getting to know me
Disable App Access to Account Info
Disable App Access to Calendar
Disable App Access to Messages
Disable App Access to Radios
Disable Sync With Devices
Disable Windows Feedback Requestes
Disable Windows Update Sharing
Disable Windows Update for other Products
Disable WiFi Sense
Disable Windows Defender
Disable Automatic Windows Updates
Disable OneDrive
Disable Automatic Driver Update

DoNotSpy10 is available here:
pxc-coding.com/portfolio/donotspy10/

__

Enable whining @ neighbors son because something does not work
"Privacy issues" translates directly into "automatitism, introduced due to lazyness and cluelessness of our users".

My motivation stems from years of watching good discussions on here. Your logic could be followed regardless of the topic or how 'emotional' the thread became. The last while they hardly seems objective and lack the capacity you generally are capable of.

If you scan my previous 100 posts you'll see I'd make a terrible policeman. Thanks for the vote of confidence and unwanted title though. Appreciate the faith you put in me.

I don't think you've been watching too closely, if you haven't seen me call people names before. It's rare, but it happens :)

If you think I've been through some lifechanging event because I think paranoid fearmongers are idiots, then I guess that's that.

I have the exact same rational approach as always, but I'm not a robot. I have opinions and stuff.

Not immediately concerned about privacy and such, people should be smart enough to know how it works by now and what they get in return. And based on that determine what data they want to trade in for what service.

Though people tend to heavily underestimate the value of their personal data. Often a relatively inexpensive service can generate millions in revenue through the data they collect, personal or not. In that way it is not completely fair. People should be aware of that and use it to get things done (better qos, more services etc.)

Though people tend to heavily underestimate the value of their personal data. Often a relatively inexpensive service can generate millions in revenue through the data they collect, personal or not. In that way it is not completely fair. People should be aware of that and use it to get things done (better qos, more services etc.)

Know your self, know your worth.

Back
Top Bottom