Fallout 4 Companion stats?

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Is it somehow possible to have a look at the companion stats similar to the pip boy stats-status overview?

Plain and simple - no.

I wish they had implemented some kind of leveling system for the companions. After a while, they become more of a liability than a help.

Oddly only vault 81 robot seems to suck in my game. She is tanking frequently while it's obvious her stats although unknown are not to support tanky melee role. Luckily I got her perk finally so I can switch to someone else.

Other than that… Cmon JDR, give 'em a nice and shiny Gauss Rifle with EC ammo then talk about liability. And equip them a nice and shiy polymer upgraded heavy combat armor.
Don't tell me… You don't have more than one gauss to share with sidekicks?

Okay then, a mild spoiler, a hint, an ingame document:

pic1.jpg

5 gauss rifles, that's impossible, right? Must be a photoshop…
Five! For such rare weapon, getting more than one, OP plz nerf for god's sakes!

And it's real!

pic2.jpg

Btw the first Gauss I saw in the game was the one I got from Railroad as a quest reward. This shipment up there is accessible much earlier than that, but I didn't know of it's existance as the main story leads you near it and I didn't want to rush the main story.

Ammo… Yea… That's a problem if you didn't do what I suggested and that's getting ALL ammo finding perks at the start of the game.

Anyway, what's good when you equip sidekicks with gauss? They nail (in unmodded games endlessly respawned) trashmobs and you don't get billions of XP from gindin'!

Last edited:
How's that even possible?
Unlike Sword Coast L, Fallout 4 is not MMO.

The name alludes to his body odor :)

How's that even possible?
Unlike Sword Coast L, Fallout 4 is not MMO.
You're generalizing and simplifying again.

I was talking about the design flaw in SCL not having a decent character sheet showing basic information like race, deity or skill values.
The same happens in FO4 with companions.

Btw. SCL isn't an MMO but a mediocre SP game with some MO stuff and limited modding.

I tried out Strong briefly, and retired him to harvest veggies. There is only one companion worthy enough to travel with me, that would be Dogmeat.

Once or twice I did enjoy hiding behind Strong then racing out to smack the bejesus out of opponents with my axe.....but now I have a killer sword instead. Never thought the axe and tooth would get retired.

I thought about dressing Strong up in super mutant armor, but I still don't know if equipment actually affects companion stats.

I tried out Strong briefly, and retired him to harvest veggies. There is only one companion worthy enough to travel with me, that would be Dogmeat.

Once or twice I did enjoy hiding behind Strong then racing out to smack the bejesus out of opponents with my axe…..but now I have a killer sword instead. Never thought the axe and tooth would get retired.

Yay for Dogmeat! I like it when he pins down opponents, can even cripple a limb with the perk. I am all melee and use my Chinese Serrated Sword for most of my melee.

I picked up a nice sword just recently, maybe 5 days ago or so, before I started playing Dungeon Guardians. There is a lady you have to help, and after you do, she offers wares for sale. The sword was in her catalogue and pricey, but worth every cap imo. Even completely unmodified it does marvelous damage.

And ya, Dogmeat rocks. When he takes down an opponent, the fight is over unless you totally suck or something.

I wish we could give him treats and rub his tummy. The one trick he does is lacking. We need more Dogmeat interaction.

You're all crazy.
That dog sucks.
Or I'm too spoiled with D-Dog sidekick from MGS5… FO4 dog is simply bad.

Even if he was the ultimate companion, I'd still take someone else just to hear comments.
A HUGE SPOILER!!! You've been warned.
After I got Ballistic Weave (available to Mk 5) from Railroad, I used it on military fatigues and newspaper cap (because +1 CHR) and I really need nooone - except some talking company.
Not sure why people want that dog, but me… Had enough of animals in other games.

pic.jpg

Remember, that upgrade is available even BEFORE you find Nick Valentine. Means, you don't have to end the game with Railroad, all you need to do is their quests that are available since the game beginning.

Last edited:
Dogmeat doesn't suck at all. All he has to do is distract an opponent for half a second, and they are dead. Behemoth, mutant, power armour loser, it doesn't matter, once I stagger them repeatedly, it is all over save the crying. If Dogmeat actually takes down my opponent, they don't even get a chance to get back up.

I get you, but see…
Till dogmeat reaches my opponet, it's already dead so… Here… Useless.

If he could fly and bring down those missile launcher equipped mobs on top of buildings, then perhaps I'd still pick him and scrifice oneliners from Valentine and others. But since he can't fly, thanks, but I'll rather have someone on my side with gauss in inventory.

Just a side note that I just read that Dogmeat does not count as a companion as far as the Lone Wanderer perk is considered. Haven't tested it - read it on a review article. Would somewhat make sense and make him more valuable.

Not that I need any extra reasons :)

I do miss companion chatter but that will be for another play through.

That is correct about the perk working with the mutt. Two of my friends asked me if that's why I used him, till they told me I had no idea. Dunno if it was supposed to be that way or if it will be nerfed at some point.

Back
Top Bottom