Diablo 3 - Co-op Games & SP Fans

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Nick D of Gamemoir.com has a new article that wonders can a Co-op game ever appeal to a single-player fan? I don't know so read the article for his opinion.
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition launched recently on the PS4, and I snatched it up. I had played the original Diablo III back when it first launched but my PC is not great, and so the lag was strong with that one. Now, I have friends who are very into Diablo III on PC, and they’ve been goading me along to keep playing as well as giving me tips and tricks to maximize my damage output. But the one thing they find absolutely terrifyingly strange is that I refuse to even touch the online component to Diablo III. A large component of the game is online, and I simply have no interest in the game beyond single player. So today, I’d like to explore how such a thing is possible.
More information.

I actually haven't played any games online since Everquest more than 10 years ago. I'm not sure how common that is, but multiplayer for everything nowadays seems like a cheap gimmick to add game play value without having to innovate, take any risks, or make a lengthy singer player campaign.

I do enjoy local co-op for certain games like Diablo 3 or the Dark Alliance series, but the idea of random drop in drop out people of dubious quality from the Internet playing with me is not appealing at all.

I've played maybe 5 mmo's in my life, and always find myself coming back to Everquest, nothing else has held my interest for more than 3-4 days, tops. The concept of multiplayer or co-op has never ever appealed to me, never have played that way, and I doubt that I ever will. Single player games I understand, mmo's I get, but anything not in those categories I just avoid.

Back
Top Bottom