Divinity 2 Diviniti II in stores inUS

txa1265

SasqWatch
Quickie since this is from my Droid phone, but I just grabbed Ego Draconis from my local GameStop. They said since it isn't locked to a street date they can sell it as they get it - even though their own download site doesn't release until the 5th.

Yah, Xbox 360 version is available also. Two friends have it. My store has it available, but I'm going to wait.

Yah, Xbox 360 version is available also. Two friends have it. My store has it available, but I'm going to wait.

As we've discussed, for the X360 version I think that is a good idea. I had a chat with the guy at our store, he'd tried the X360 demo and was somewhat impressed ... I said to try it on PC if he got the chance.

Me too. Any reviews by folks here? I'm tired of paying big to be disappointed. Risen is the last game I really liked :(

Considering Risen is only a couple of months old that isn't too bad ;)

Seriously though - several folks here have been playing for a while so you can expect a review soon enough. I was supposed to already have a review copy but it still hasn't arrived ... oh, well.

I almost bought it at my Gamestop friday, but I'm not entirely sure on the specs, and whether I can run it at a playable speed. Sucks sometimes having such a weak vid chip.

Pretty much the best I can do is hope; Dragon Age works so long as I stay in the tactical mode, and don't mind it being about 20fps at best. Div2 and KB were both on my check out list, but my laptop might have issues with both.

I've been totally sucked in for over a week, got it on ebay for £10 and it's the best game i've played in ages, leaves Risen and G3 in the dustbin (but not G1 :))

My dual-core AMD rig hasn't had one slowdown or lag, no freezes or hang-ups, runs as smooth as silk, i'm more than satisfied.

Oh! i almost forgot in my euphoria, the gameplay is exceptional. Larian derserve credit and honour for progressing onward into 3D from previous 2D Div-Div and B-Div.

@ToddMcF2002.
You liked Severance Sword of Darkness, then you will love Div-2 , the combat encounter routines surpass many other games.

PS. running unpatched for now.

I'll try and get a review written tomorrow which I'll then submit for editing, pics and additional staff comments. Expect one to be published within a week or two.

Bought this a few days ago, and i have to say Well Done!! The fighting style is a little arcadish but very intuitive, but if you can over look that it's a super RPG with a pretty good Storyline. Iv'e got 30 hours in now.

Try to imagine, Nox or Diablo in full 3d Like Gothic with an immersive storyline and Great voice acting!! all wrapped up into one package. Anyone hesitant about spending 50$ on this needn't be, worth every penny and more.

Well done Larian!!

PS, Morphing into a Dragon Rocks and the missions or areas made for this part of the game will leave a huge impression of satisfaction..lovin this!!

IMO This game deserves it's own sub Forum here, it's that good.

Last edited:
Some of your posts sold me on the game and I bought it at Impulse (impulsively no less).

Liking it so far. Reminds me of Two Worlds more than Gothic/Risen, which is not a bad thing, only add in good voice acting and dialog to boot. Combat and exploration very similar to Two Worlds.

Some of your posts sold me on the game and I bought it at Impulse (impulsively no less).

Liking it so far. Reminds me of Two Worlds more than Gothic/Risen, which is not a bad thing, only add in good voice acting and dialog to boot. Combat and exploration very similar to Two Worlds.
Trust me it will change from anything like Two Worlds

My review has been submitted, so stay tuned!! :)

y'now, I still haven't finished the first one - though I loved it (what Diablo 2 should have been).

this might get me to finish it while I wait for the price to come down. at least the sequel doesn't have a stupid name..oh wait, the subtitle is ego draconis.

Same here. I was going to buy the GoG version for the increased resolution, unfortunately I keep hearing that it's buggy as all hell..:-/

There's going to be a patch out for the GoG version of DD very soon.

Back
Top Bottom