The "I Just Bought" thread

txa, does gamepad come in the package as a bonus? :p

The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition guide and The World of The Witcher compendium.

The strategy guide also came with a neat little bonus book called A Fractured Land: Tales of the Northern Realms.

The compendium has some fantastic artwork, and I'd say it alone was worth the total price I paid for the bundle.

Attachments

• 20150522_064206.jpg
    20150522_064206.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 20150522_064643.jpg
    20150522_064643.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 120
  • 20150522_064752.jpg
    20150522_064752.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 117
  • 20150522_070123.jpg
    20150522_070123.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20150522_072335.jpg
    20150522_072335.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20150522_073154.jpg
    20150522_073154.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 15
Wow ... looks like a ton of work went into that! I just got the game itself (well, and a 40% off voucher from GMG since they were a day late with the key) :) Supposed to get a guide for a review, but it got delayed ... not really concerned either way. Just enjoying the game

The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition guide and The World of The Witcher compendium.

The strategy guide also came with a neat little bonus book called A Fractured Land: Tales of the Northern Realms.

The compendium has some fantastic artwork, and I'd say it alone was worth the total price I paid for the bundle.

Lucky you. I ordered the The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition on Amazon but they haven't delivered it yet. Currently looking at early June delivery :( I complained hard enough so they gave me 50% store credit :)

JDR how much was that bundle? The one game store here had the one book I think they wanted around $45.00 for it. After seeing how it looks I might just have to stop buy today and pick it up.

JDR how much was that bundle? The one game store here had the one book I think they wanted around $45.00 for it. After seeing how it looks I might just have to stop buy today and pick it up.

Which book? I got both books together for around $50 from Amazon.

I too bought the collector's guide, and can attest to it being pretty solid. Both it and the extra "Fractured Lands ..." have rubberized covers, immune to Mountain Dew and Doritos spills.

Yesterday I made 2 loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong overdue buys :

- MMX
- Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded 2.0 - it's apparingly a bit better than the 1.0, at least the box says so

And I've accidentally bought the "Turn Of A Friendly Card" by THe Alan Parsons Project as a possible birthday present for my sister's boyfriend - but I had forgotten that I had given him that CD already as a Christmas present ... Uh. Now I'm finding out who might get it instead. :lol:
Personally, I can recommend this CD for it's pseudo-medieval sounds. It's a true classic.

Awesome, I'm also waiting for those same books, but they seem to be taking forever to arrive.

I also have the first 5 books of the Witcher series on route. I want to bathe in every Witcher. My next acquisition will be the Witcher comics I think.

Oh, my ! I just did my last batch of GOG "Summer Sale" purchases - and now I'm filled with games for the next few years ! :lol:

One of the most interesting sights was that "Oddworld : Stranger's Wrath" is actually there ! I didn't even know that an PC port existed !

And apart from the front page there are a few more games "silently" discounted … You can easily find them by filtering the catalogue by "price : less than 10 [Dollars, Euros, whatever]".

I also bought Quest For Glory 1-5 there, as I always wanted to get it.
The series never reached Germany except for the last game.

And in fact I have spent 50 Euros or Dollars for all of that. Uh. Well, it was worth it. :D

It's very likely that I'll give my unlocked "Stalker : Clear Skies" to someone else. It's just not my kind of games.
Don't know about "Xenonauts" - I don't remember this game at all.

Don't know about "Xenonauts" - I don't remember this game at all.

It's a new X-Com clone that just came out this past year. If you liked X-Com, you'll like Xenonauts.

No. Everything major that's been bought can be posted here. No toothpaste and similar small things, please. ;)

It's a new X-Com clone that just came out this past year. If you liked X-Com, you'll like Xenonauts.

Thanks. Looks like it's worth a try.

That is not a bidet.
That's Fresh Water Spray Attachment.

I got my first 27' monitor. I went for the Dell U2715H. It seems to offer everything I need in an IPS monitor. I wonder how well it'll play with my current HP 24' one. I'm thinking about turning the HP one 90 degrees, and keeping it vertical for pdf/web content reading. Does anyone have to live with a 27 and 24 monitor?

The screen also has two hdmi ports, which is awesome for my PS3 and PS4. I find my current samsung tv just isn't performing all that well in games.

I got my first 27' monitor. I went for the Dell U2715H. It seems to offer everything I need in an IPS monitor. I wonder how well it'll play with my current HP 24' one. I'm thinking about turning the HP one 90 degrees, and keeping it vertical for pdf/web content reading. Does anyone have to live with a 27 and 24 monitor?

The screen also has two hdmi ports, which is awesome for my PS3 and PS4. I find my current samsung tv just isn't performing all that well in games.

I wonder if I'll ever buy another monitor again, considering it's possible some sort of VR device will provide the visuals in the future.

I bought some carbon rims for my mountain bike as my current back rim was pretty much dead and why not replace the front at the same time I thought. Laced em up to some CK hubs myself and so far everything is working the way it should. Not bad for a noob at lacing up a wheelset.

I ordered the "gaming" edition of an MSI 980 TI card. At ~25% reduced price, as I have a friend in online retail :)

Now it's just a matter of waiting for it to arrive in stock.

Back
Top Bottom