Drakensang Hold your ground command?

human_male

Math and girls is hard.
I think there needs to be a simple hold your ground command for party members. I've been trying to pull enemies one at a time, setting up a little ambush with some traps, my archer behind them and my melee fighters in front... carefully placing everyone. I run ahead and try to pull one or two enemies and all the companions follow me, so I have to individually order them back into position.

Do you all find that or doesn't it bother you? Is there a patch or mod?

Cheers.

Set them to defensive mode.

The game really needs a real hold ground command. It sucks that mages and archers go into melee when their ammo/mana is gone.

Even if you only select one of the characters you can only run a few meters ahead. The rest of the party will follow. No idea why the devs implemented this.

I wondered this, too.

And I'm wondering whether this will be in Drakensang 2 or not.

What's weird is there is a mimi quest in the ruins in the dark forest (the second dragon quest where you have to retrieve a book) where you have to sneak through a room of dragon cultists to use a winch that unlocks a door. There's even dialog prompting you to. Gladys says "I bet I can sneak past them." So I select Gladys and successfully sneak past all the guards but just as she reaches the winch to unlock the door the rest of the party follows her and of course gets spotted and the quest is failed.

So what did they have in mind when they wrote that quest? How are you supposed to do it? Presumably they tested it and so forth, so what did they do?

Yes, I do know what you are thinking. This was for me the far hardest part of it all there.

Here's what i did : sneak past the guards, and as soon as they see you - or anyone of the party - run like hell, grab that thing and run out !

Running away through the forest - perhaps even past some friendly wolves - until the following guards lose interest and go back.

That's how I did it.

The "sneaking talent" should be high, then, plus ALL armor should be taken off, because (it is said that) the armor increases the possibility to be detected very, very much.

Edit : Plus put the person with the highest "sneaking talent" value to the front place within the group. You can change the party members somehow (I've forgotten how - drag & drop of the pictures ?).

Back
Top Bottom