Archos Android Tablets

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Since we have so many posters that hail from the Euro area, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any of the Archos Internet Tablets that run Android.

I had Archos Gen5 for several years until it met an untimely demise a few months ago in a bucket of water. Loved it as it was the only video player I found that would play just about anything I threw at it. Seemed like they weren't the greatest at supporting their products, but since I used it specifically for watching video, it was fine.

So, I've been thinking of getting a tablet and since I despise all things Apple (especially since Apple products will only play stuff converted to their format) and the Windows 7 Tablet seems to be vaporware, looks like Android is my only option (which is ok, I've been wanting Android on something just to tinker with it anyway!).

So, I thought I'd see if any of you had first hand experience with the Archos tablets? The reviews on the 43's weren't too good, but the review I read on the 7 seemed very positive. Main complaint seems to be the 'resistive' touch techonology for the touchscreen, but that's all I've ever used, so I doubt that will bother me.

Why do you despise all things Apple? I despise the blind fanboyism displayed by many of its customers, but the iPad isn't a bad device. VLC player is supposed to play every format on it (although, it got some bad reviews). Haven't tried it myself.

Besides, I think the iPad is priced better than current other tablets.

Back
Top Bottom