Lefty corruption....again

dteowner

Shoegazer
Last edited:
Can someone please explain this to me?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aD6yvvScHUPM

I can't figure out whether the guy is being asked to reimburse his multi-millions to old friends and employers because he did something wrong, (and thusly belongs n this thread) or if he's cleaning out his pockets so he can take up his government job regulating the Masters of the Universe and can't be a part of such filthiness anymore.

It's even more puzzling that someone who earned "about $30 million in partnership income over the past 1 1/2 years, according to the disclosure..." suddenly wants to go to work " As a Treasury undersecretary.." where " his salary would be less than $200,000. "
???

Does not compute.

He's just getting out of "conflict of interest" situations. I would assume he's already made money on the investments and now he's got to cash out. So he's not really losing anything beyond future gains.

As for his motivations, perhaps he's resurrecting the "gentleman farmer" code of public service from the Founders. More likely, he wants a power trip and has the money to indulge his whim.

Thanks, dte. Appreciate the interpretation--that was way too many numbers for me in one paragraph. My impression is that we're still getting one of the foxes to be henhouse security guard, though.

And could it possibly be he hopes to make even more filthy lucre in some underhanded way through his new insider post--naah--I'm sure that could never happen in America. ;)

Yeah, knew this would make your day. Apparently they've booted them out of the census, too.

There's a saying here that used to puzzle me when I first moved down south. People use it to explain various situations in their lives. It seemed harsh to me, self-deprecating and even demeaning, but it was always said with a laugh. Over the years, though. it's kind of explained itself.

Poor folks have poor ways.

Picking on poor people? Really?? This is the lefty corruption? This is the big scandel? I'm at a loss for words and honestly sickened at the how low people will go. So now because of this, the lame ass republicans have a reason to deny funding to Acorn and in turn make it harder for the poor to have a voice.

:sarcasticclap: Way to go! Keeping the poor in there place and out of sight where they belong!

I don't get why they call Obama "lefty" , a left president would make all profitable business public and send plutocrats in Alaska to work at the kolhoz just for starters .

What you see there is a center conservative government , yes it does look different after the radical right of Bushists but it isn't out of the center range .

Picking on poor people? Really?? This is the lefty corruption? This is the big scandel? I'm at a loss for words and honestly sickened at the how low people will go. So now because of this, the lame ass republicans have a reason to deny funding to Acorn and in turn make it harder for the poor to have a voice.

:sarcasticclap: Way to go! Keeping the poor in there place and out of sight where they belong!

Please explain to me how, in detail, the Republicans are going to keep ACORN from getting funding when we have no ability to pass bills in either house of Congress right now.

So any legitimate concern about ACORN - first the voter registration fraud and now this - don't exist, but it's because I want to throw poor people into the furnace and use them as fuel because they are sub human?

I might as well just start bitching about how the Democrats are all a bunch of hippie traitors who should be executed for treason because they hate America because the ACLU has been showing pictures of CIA agents to Gitmo prisoners.

Please explain to me how, in detail, the Republicans are going to keep ACORN from getting funding when we have no ability to pass bills in either house of Congress right now.

So any legitimate concern about ACORN - first the voter registration fraud and now this - don't exist, but it's because I want to throw poor people into the furnace and use them as fuel because they are sub human?

I might as well just start bitching about how the Democrats are all a bunch of hippie traitors who should be executed for treason because they hate America because the ACLU has been showing pictures of CIA agents to Gitmo prisoners.

I don't think it's a denial that there are some people working for ACORN who are doing some things that are completely unacceptable, it's more that the scale of republican reaction and dte's unrestrained glee at every example suggest a very different agenda to simply wanting a company in ACORN's position to act with the greatest integrity.

I think any company that receives a boatload of tax payer money should be beyond reproach - and to show you I'm an equal opportunity hater, Blackwater's corporate board should be thrown in prison.

"Unrestrained glee"??? Is it so wrong to want to poke a gaping hole in the "holier than thou" lefty balloon?

"Unrestrained glee"??? Is it so wrong to want to poke a gaping hole in the "holier than thou" lefty balloon?

It wouldn't be if anyone was actually claiming that every democratic politician or staff member, democrat related organisation or individual democratic voter were beyond reproach . . . when it gets down to the misbehaviour of a couple of minor employees (with no overt evidence of a systemic problem in which more senior people are fully complicit) of an organisation whose remit may in some cases overlap with activities that favour the democrats it seems . . . well, a bit desperate to be honest.

Senators caught out on corruption? Fine. Minor employees caught out with the suggestion that there's a systemic issue that the democrat leadership was fully aware of? Fine.

Besides, lefty type organisations could do pretty much anything and still have the holier than though attitude, after all your lot had Dick Cheney.

I think any company that receives a boatload of tax payer money should be beyond reproach - and to show you I'm an equal opportunity hater, Blackwater's corporate board should be thrown in prison.

Oh I agree they should be held to high standards. A lot of republican & right wing media villification of ACORN though certainly comes across as manipulating the public belief that they should be held to high standards to achieve a political goal.

Absolutely ... and by the way, in my opinion that certainly includes *every one* of the Fortune 500 ... who get loads of special breaks and permits and so on,

Lol, seriously, in detail? You got it. I'll do you one better. Here is the news article that I read earlier today.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32848593/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

Score one for Republicans since it's being voted on. If taking out Acorn is what Republicans really want. It just seems plain wrong to target the poor or organizations helping them. It's like hunting deer with a tank.

Lol, seriously, in detail? You got it. I'll do you one better. Here is the news article that I read earlier today.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32848593/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

Score one for Republicans since it's being voted on. If Republicans really want to take out ACORN. It just seems plain wrong to target the poor or organizations helping them. It's like hunting deer with a tank.

83-7 vote? I was unaware the GOP had 83 votes in the Senate. By my count we have … forty? So 43 democrats also felt it was important to cut funding to ACORN. The Census Bureau severed ties a week ago.

So more Democratic senators than GOP senators are in favor of doing this, yet it is the GOP's fault? Sorry, buddy, but it's pretty damn clear there is massive bipartisan support for blocking ACORN funding.

Edit: And again, are you denying there is any wrong doing on ACORN's part? It seems pretty clear there's a pattern of them doing extremely shady things but still getting millions from the taxpayers.

Who started this whole mess in the first place? Dems are politicians after all and do you think it would be healthy to vote for them now? Even though it's beyond stupid how this has played out.

Anyways, like I said score one. The dems weren't the ones after ACORN.

Edit to your edit: My moral compass is simple. I live by this one motto. 'Do no harm to others.' It's simple, it's basic and it's a lot better than most of these twisted versions of morality.

What that guy did was no more wrong than offering advice on how to survive the best way you can. Hell, the rich get advice on how to circumvent the law or taxes all the time. If this was for real the only difference was that they weren't apart of some 'diamond' brothel.

As for the other shady deals? Well, you are probably more of an expert on that. I just know two things. ACORN has been a target ever since the campaign and now they're going down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom