Mass Effect 4 - Editorial @ GamingBolt

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GamingBolt has a new article with their opinion on what direction Bioware needs to take for Mass Effect 4.

What has made Mass Effect aficionados particularly garrulous in recent times is the announcement of the new mass Effect game. Of course the game would see the departure of our beloved Commander Shepard and yes, that can’t really be helped. But what everyone is fervently hoping is that Bioware reincarnate Mass Effect 4 in the way they did the first game of the series. Of course the developers showed shrewdness over the years with every subsequent title in the series but concurrently, they forgot what was that had made Mass Effect such a good game.

Bioware has a lot to learn yet and simply put, they only need look around a bit. One of the most important reasons for the success of the Mass Effect series was its characters, a number of which had been with Shepard through thick and thin and it’ll be justice undone if Bioware deprives Mass Effect followers of embarking on a new journey minus all the characters they have always come to associate with the series.
More information.

If they created a set of characters that the author found engaging, it'd hardly be giving them proper credit to assume they couldn't do it again with a whole new set.

If they created a set of characters that the author found engaging, it'd hardly be giving them proper credit to assume they couldn't do it again with a whole new set.

Exactly.

I also don't see the draw in playing non-humans in the ME universe. To me, the whole point is that humans are the alien newcomers and we are exploring this universe and learning what's out there. Plus, in order to do this effectively, they would have to have so many different narrations, depending on what species you play, that the intimacy we've seen over the first 3 games just couldn't be possible.

Maybe a mod or expansion could address this, but I hope they put their efforts into maintaining as much of the 'good' parts of the previous trilogy instead of trying to cater to folks who want to design their own character like Dragon Age Origins. That's not what ME is about.

Back
Top Bottom