Skyrim - Map Revealed

Afaik respawning occurred only when you progressed a chapter in G1, G2 and Risen and while there was some limited time-based respawning in Gothic 3 it was barely noticeable. If anything I've seen people complain due to your ability to completely clear out forests in the Gothics.

Yes, I don't remember any respawning either (except at chapters). I felt kind of bad for totally destroying the ecosystem of that island by killing everything non-human that was larger than a mouse. And I would have killed those too if that had been worth XP! :lol:

BTW, the can't complete quest thingie was serious because it prevented you from completing the game.

That 's what I meant by acceptable respawning. It was limited, spread out, and not continuously annoying infinite respawns. :)

Geeze, say one thing that could be interpreted as bad about any of the Gothics/Risen and fanboys swarm you with torches and pitchforks. ;)

Did you play Risen? How many towns in that?

Risen's precisely an example of an rpg that sorely needed more towns: they could've saved the last two chapters. Check Risen 2, it's going to have a lot more populated areas, seems they learned that lesson.

Bethesda has been consistently shrinking the scale of their games and their number of towns with little return in quality, their promises that Skyrim's fewer towns will be of higher quality sound hollow.

Last edited:
Risen's precisely an example of an rpg that sorely needed more towns: they could've saved the last two chapters. Check Risen 2, it's going to have a lot more populated areas, seems they learned that lesson.

Bethesda has been consistently shrinking the scale of their games and their number of towns with little return in quality, their promises that Skyrim's fewer towns will be of higher quality sound hollow.

I'm curious how many more then skyrim will Risen 2 have?

I thought respawning was done well in Gothic 1&2, but it was pretty buggy in Gothic 3, at least when I played it. Mosters would repawn in places that weren't natural for their type. i.e. Lurkers respawning in the woods instead of near water.

I'm curious how many more then skyrim will Risen 2 have?

Because more towns makes it a better game?

I thought respawning was done well in Gothic 1&2, but it was pretty buggy in Gothic 3, at least when I played it. Mosters would repawn in places that weren't natural for their type. i.e. Lurkers respawning in the woods instead of near water.

Because more towns makes it a better game?

That was kind of my point, you may want to look back at why I was responding to that poster. Geez.

He was making separate points about each game, not comparing them to each other.

No No...keep looking back, my original statement was in response to another.

Isn't Riverwood that tiny little village with half a dozen wooden cots we've seen in the previews?

There's 7 of those and then just 5 "cities"? That's it? Sounds like it's going to be even emptier than oblivion.

This one, which I then asked about the number of cities in Risen...which why I have to explain this to you is beyond me.

This one, which I then asked about the number of cities in Risen…which why I have to explain this to you is beyond me.

Ah right... you mean where you asked about how many towns are in Risen because you felt he was bashing Skyrim and that you needed to defend it.

Don't worry, I got that part.

Ah right… you mean where you asked about how many towns are in Risen because you felt he was bashing Skyrim and that you needed to defend it.

Don't worry, I got that part.

Oh thats it. Man your skrewed up. I was pointing out number of towns doesn't mean much…keep up the crusade.

Back
Top Bottom