Age of Decadence Updates

They did a "Let's Play" thread a while back that was mirrored over here. Very interesting and very cool. I have to admit, my interest waned in the ensuing months of relative silence, but I might take another look.

Lady Lorenza Calani of House Calani was married five times. All five husbands had died in unfortunate accidents...an rpg super bitch, sounds good.:lol:

Imo it's kind of weird that they're making a turn-based RPG with the Torque Game Engine, but it looks pretty good so far.

I guess you don't read our news? We've had lots of newsbits and ran a three-part feature series.

Anyway, what is weird about them using Torque? I don't get it.

Tribes wasn't it? Tourque really is just the engine which could easily be modified to turn based.

Tribes wasn't it? Tourque really is just the engine which could easily be modified to turn based.

I guess any engine can be easily modified, but I still thought it was kind of odd. Like if they took the Quake 3 engine and made a TB crpg from it. Just not really something that you would expect.

I guess any engine can be easily modified, but I still thought it was kind of odd. Like if they took the Quake 3 engine and made a TB crpg from it. Just not really something that you would expect.

I can see what you are saying but torque was used before for an MMO, minions of mirth I believe...its pretty versatile.

It has been used for so many different things I'm no longer surprised, but the Q3 engine is so limited ...

I guess any engine can be easily modified, but I still thought it was kind of odd.

Well, for example, the Gamebryo engine is used by Oblivion/Fallout 3, but also in Civ 4 and Pirates!, as well as Warhammer Online, various RTS games and other stuff (List @Wikipedia). On the other hand, Source engine is much more limited, just like id tech 3 (Quake 3 engine).

Another one - Old Hamza.

Vince also showed a situation where the player is cornered by the Imperial Guard in a room in some inn. Apparently there are five ways out of this encounter, including jumping through the window:

Vince said:

"You've killed Carbo" The captain says as an explanation. "The boys here have a problem with that."

1. "It was a fair fight".
"Can't expect to fight only fair fights if you make a living killing folk, can you?" The guards draw their weapons.

2. ...
3. ...
4. [trading] ...
5. [persuasion] ...
6. [body count] ...

The graphics look sharp, eh? You look at it and you wanna start planning the fight right away. Alternatively, you can jump out of that window, if you have something against 6:1 odds.

The boatmen guild link and neutrality suggest Old Hamza has a key role to play.

Jumping out of a window - a quest solution, is that a "first" in rpg gaming? :D

I think it looks good ... honestly I don't care at all about portraits ... real game stuff, however has me tweaked!

I hope the level of dialogue gets a bit better then that though. But the idea looks interesting.

Back
Top Bottom