Sierra Entertainment - Why We Loved Sierra

Dunno about others, I never cared for KQ.
I did love Sierra though. Why?

Krondor.
'nuff said.

Dunno about others, I never cared for KQ.
I did love Sierra though. Why?

Krondor.
'nuff said.

Yes!

Though...Quest for Glory I? It was so good. :)

The music at the beginning of the video took me back in time. Though I don't feel anything is missing in gaming now of days without sierra style games.

I would like to see someone or some bigger company step up to the plate and make a RPG that takes a risk. Not one made that has a little bit for everyone to like and enough for everyone to complain about.

I am sure there is someone sitting there going, sure we sold millions of copies but that game could have been so much more. Where is something ground breaking or ……..

Roberta Williams created PC Graphic gaming when she invented the flood fill.

The woman became so obsessed with Zork on the mainframe she would forget to feed the children.

Krondor was sooo great! Hope they can make another game now that they are back again!

I'd really like to see more Quest for Glory style RPG / adventure game hybrids. Heroine's Quest is great. There's only 3 upcoming that I'm aware of: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements, Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption, and Roem to Ruin (prequel to Quest for Infamy). Any others I've forgotten?

I don't miss pixel hunting, but I wouldn't mind more CRPGs having adventure game style inventory puzzles... Sure, the old Sierra games sometimes required you to use items in absurd / counter-intuitive way, but well done well, they were rather clever.

The maker of this video also makes an excellent point about cut scenes.

I agree that dialogue lists are a problem because all you do is click on each one until you 'solve' it. When I played Broken Age I was stuck with the mayor for ages trying to work out what to do. Terms out I needed to exhaust the dialogue tree to 'solve' the puzzle. Just ugh.

I like the example of the giant in kings quest and the multiple solutions that were possible to solve that quest or even get to the quest. Exploration and multiple solutions are the way forward for adventure games.

Back
Top Bottom