Non-RPG General News - Psychonauts 2 on Fig

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
This one has been going a while but some of you may be fans. Psychonauts 2 is asking for funds on fig.co to the tune of 3.3 million.

Psychonauts is a classic action/adventure platformer from acclaimed developers Double Fine Productions (that's us!) and written by industry legend Tim Schafer, who created Broken Age, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandango amongst many other things. We want to make a sequel!

As of writing Doublefine has amassed 2.8 million with 24 days remaining. Thanks Format92!

More information.

But I never played the first game.

Tried to get into it.. twice.. Charming art-style, great concept, but the game-play for me fell flat. It was a weird mish-mash of Monkey Island-style puzzles with a puzzle platformer, kind of like "Day of the Tentacle" meets "Prince of Persia" and NOT in a good way. I wish them luck, as there's many people out there who loved the game, but I won't be getting the sequel.

I played the original as well and also have no interest in the sequel. While I don't follow it closely, hasn't DoubleFine become notorious for overpromising and underdelivering on kickstarters?

Big names.

Why do they keep adding more days to the fundraiser? That is really scummy and would never happen on Kickstarter or indiegogo. I know they said, the first time, that they added like five days several days into the fundraiser "because of a technical problem" (they said that in the comment section of the Fig page for the game), but then a few days later, there were MORE DAYS ADDED AGAIN... but this time, with no explanation.

What the hell is going on?!?!?!

I played the original as well and also have no interest in the sequel. While I don't follow it closely, hasn't DoubleFine become notorious for overpromising and underdelivering on kickstarters?

Exactly. Despite probably having good intentions and whatnot, this guy looks more and more shady to me.

But I never played the first game.

It got one of the best level ever made in a platformer (it exploit 3D so very well) and a very annoying boss battle at which point I stopped playing the game.

I wonder how many parts they'll have to split this one into in order to get the extra trickle of funds to finish it off after they inevitably run over budget again.

I have no trust in them but do hope it all works out well this time.

Back
Top Bottom