The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

@dte: Tried to hear "Tears of the World" since you mentioned it was reminiscent of the Cure, but for some reason it wouldn't play.

Speaking of Queensryche, I did listen to Operation Mindcrime II the other day. When I first heard the album I was dissappointed, but trying to top the first Operation Mindcrime is pretty much impossible anyway. After listening a few times the second has really grown on me. Plus once you understand the idea each song is trying to convey, it comes together well. I think Hostage, and The Hands are two of the best songs Queensryche have ever written. The rythym of both is just awesome!

Last edited:
Just went through a spell of nostalgia, so I zapped myself through youtube, watching videos of my old favorites Heaven 17, Steve Strange, Adam Ant and the rest of the Blitz kids...

My usual silly mood returned when I finally bumped into Modern Romance. There's nothing better than Salsa to brighten up things... or is it? Any way, here's
Ay ay ay ay Moosey.
Better take sedatives before watching this :p...

GREAT SCOTT Jaz!!! You gotta change that Avatar ASAP! I am seriously creeped out by it. Put the robot guy back on, Mega Man, or even the Punjabi dude.... ANYTHING but that bizzarre incarnation of creepishness! :S

Be glad she isn't using something like this:

tn_the_smile.jpg

from The Smile

I'm listening to Ambeon once again.

@dte: Tried to hear "Tears of the World" since you mentioned it was reminiscent of the Cure, but for some reason it wouldn't play.
Doesn't work for me either now. Crud.

After much searching, I've found their Myspace page, but the only tune there is an instrumental demo. I couldn't find much other mention of them, nor a source for their "Prelude" EP.

As promised a few posts back, here's an obscure little diddy, very dreamy stuff:
"Locust" by Daniel Land and the Modern Painters

After Funkadelic last week, I got an itch ... had to dig out the vinyl to get Mothership Connection by Parliament. Again, hasn't aged all that well, but is mega-funky!

Be glad she isn't using something like this:

(Careful, this looks a bit creepy.)
Vhoa, Arhu!

I made an animated avatar once for some other place (click on pic to start animation) - I'm really glad we don't allow them here. Although avs need not necessarily be garish (see second example for yet another place - same her: click to start, though it may take a while).

Attachments

• scream8.gif
    scream8.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 14
  • fj3.gif
    fj3.gif
    63.3 KB · Views: 14
oh gosh, another first date, another night of wondering what comes next. It could be nothing but a blip, or it could be the start of an entire new chapter of life. I do like this Debra tho, she's a tad short (like 4-10 to my 6-0), but damn she's cute and my style. And my age too, so she's in my ballpark.... it's love music tonight! This calls for Him's RAzorblade Romance

as i was saying - Him - Poison Girl

Love this cd, it's good romance metal. I dont listen to it that much, it seems like something I could burn out on pretty quick, gotta kinda save it for the appropriate times

Great version of that old Chris Isaak song too

Umm, I thought the Spice Girls only had one hit. :)

This is a fun one...99 Luftballoons

The English version was really bad, though. I remember the German 3 class in my high school had to translate it. I was a mere German 2 sophomore, so I missed out.

Dire Straits - Where Do You Think You're Going? Mark Knopfler gets bonuspoints for the outfit.

Übereil

I'm a Knopfler fan, but not in a red spandex bodysuit...please. Good tune though--have you listened to his new CD w/EmmyLou Harris? They're very strange and strangely good together. This is a little upbeat for Mark:
This is Us

I'm dedicating that one to curiously undead and his significant other, "checkin out of the Love Motel" :)

nice tune magerette-thanks for the thoughtful dedication!
i never tire of knoflers sweet guitar playing. a joyous track with a splendid ending--to many songs don't have those, trading them in for catchy chorus's or gimmicky intros.

I'm a Knopfler fan, but not in a red spandex bodysuit...please. Good tune though--have you listened to his new CD w/EmmyLou Harris? They're very strange and strangely good together. This is a little upbeat for Mark:
This is Us

I'm dedicating that one to curiously undead and his significant other, "checkin out of the Love Motel" :)

I haven't checked out his later work (my mother has Sailing to Philadelphia and it's nowhere near the quality of Dire Straits works), though I'm going to see him in
March/April when he's comeing to Sweden :). With my parents! (Übereil scores another ten hipness points.)

Übereil

Finally got my Claire Voyant "Time and the Maiden" Cd delivered. So far I'd have to say "Love the Giver (low mix)" and "Instinct" are my two favorites. Those songs are sexy!

Back
Top Bottom