Witcher 2 Witcher 2 Positivity

The Witcher 2
S

sakichop

I was looking back at my recent post and noticed I've been pretty negative about tw2. Which is not how I feel at all about the game as a whole. So while there are several small things i'd like to see fixed.

I'd like to use this thread to only highlight the positive experiences people are having with the game.

The story so far is excellent and is really starting to draw me in.

The graphic are the best I have seen in a game to date.

Combat with 1 or 2 enemies is very good and rewarding.

I feel as though i'm getting to know geralt and the other characters much more than I ever did in the first game.

Ememy AI is top notch.

The sex scene with triss in the opening was very tasteful and didn't feel gratuitous. Much better than the cards.

I usually find myself playing a game to get the next level I find myself playing this game to see whats going to happen next. Which coming from someone that typically doesn't value story as much that's the best compliment I can give the witcher two.

So lets try and get this tread going with only positives. It will be interesting to see how long a thread can last without negative flame wars.

I'm a little ways into chapter 3, and I agree with everything that you have mentioned as positive. I find myself very immersed in the world and story, and even most of the side-quests have well-written stories behind them that oftentimes include tough choices. The effort that was put into making interesting side-quests to go along with a stellar main storyline is nothing short of impressive and admirable. I have always valued meaningful choice and consequence along with a high-quality narrative and strong characters, and CDProject Red has certainly delivered.

I am very pleased with the combat as well. I know that the difficulty (at least at first) when fighting several opponents at once may be frustrating to some, but I think that this is how it should be. As an example, Assassin's Creed really broke some of the fun factor of the game when enemies would casually wait to attack one at a time.

Additionally, I really enjoy the cerebral side of combat in The Witcher 2. Running into combat while furiously clicking the attack buttons will only lead to a quick death, and as such, it is wise to use an intelligent combination of spells and timing to succeed in combat. If only more action-RPGs had a cerebral side to the action in this manner, as it is quite rewarding to formulate a successful strategy in order to defeat a challenging group of foes.

The atmosphere in the game is nothing short of spectacular. CDProject Red certainly knows how to make a world that truly feels alive. I love the more down to earth, "believable" fantasy that is presented throughout the game, and this wonderfully engaging atmosphere is present in everything from the main story moments all the way down to the little details of the world.

I do have some minor complaints - no game is ever perfect - but the positives completely outweigh the negatives in this case by a wide margin. It is far too soon to make a final judgment, but I'd have to say so far that The Witcher 2 is well on its way to becoming one of my favorite RPGs since…well, probably since The Witcher 1.

Last edited:
There's something not sane, like you feel forced to contribute to a hype. And to do that you feel bad to say anything negative. OMG The Witcher 1 is full of points badly done or not that well done. But it has also some almost unique and very great qualities.

Anyway the perfect product doesn't exist. And clearly there's many immature players quite vocals on some forums that throw to hell a game because of some negative points without seeing the good points.

It's like all those quite vocal fanatic of the "right" RPG, that non existent RPG matching the definition they have decided for all authorized RPG.

Without to mention the old RP joke, always here and around, but a dream of future more than anything concrete, I'm still waiting the list of the top 20 RPG from best RP to less best RP.

With your positivity you aren't doing better, it's even terrible to read that, but at least it's not one more of those "against" or "hate" attitude. But still weird to force ignore points not matching the authorized point of view, it is perfect and....

There's something not sane, like you feel forced to contribute to a hype. And to do that you feel bad to say anything negative. OMG The Witcher 1 is full of points badly done or not that well done. But it has also some almost unique and very great qualities.

I don't feel forced to list the positives. I have listed my negative opinions on the game in other threads and stand behind every statement. I'm not sure why it's insane to point out the things that the witcher does well.

Anyway the perfect product doesn't exist. And clearly there's many immature players quite vocals on some forums that throw to hell a game because of some negative points without seeing the good points.

I can agree with that.

It's like all those quite vocal fanatic of the "right" RPG, that non existent RPG matching the definition they have decided for all authorized RPG.

Not sure I understand what your saying here.

Without to mention the old RP joke, always here and around, but a dream of future more than anything concrete, I'm still waiting the list of the top 20 RPG from best RP to less best RP.

Not sure if this is directed to me I never made the list someone else did.

With your positivity you aren't doing better, it's even terrible to read that, but at least it's not one more of those "against" or "hate" attitude. But still weird to force ignore points not matching the authorized point of view, it is perfect and….

Why is it terrible to read some positive comments on the game. I did'nt make any of them up or have to struggle to come up with positive remarks about the game. What the witcher 2 does well, it excels at in my opinion and it's worth mentioning just as much as the negative aspects i've mentioned in other threads.

If you read all my post you'll find what I like and dislike about the game. I don't know what's insane about that.

With your positivity you aren't doing better, it's even terrible to read that, but at least it's not one more of those "against" or "hate" attitude. But still weird to force ignore points not matching the authorized point of view, it is perfect and….

The idea was, I think to keep people that are always ranting (like you ) out of this thread. Epic fail right there, predictably ;)

I think I need to put you on ignore. you are not really a troll, but you are really starting to affect my enjoyment of the Watch lately.

Back on topic:
There is many aspects that I like, but I'd like to play more before I comment in detail. But what I find really noteworthy, is the level to which animation, voice-acting and "scene-scripting" interact to bring the characters and dialogs alive. I don't remember anything comparable from any previous game. While maybe "superficial" as in not part of gameplay, it sets this game apart, and its a sgnificant factor in my enjoyment.

The idea was, I think to keep people that are always ranting (like you ) out of this thread. Epic fail right there, predictably ;)

I think I need to put you on ignore. you are not really a troll, but you are really starting to affect my enjoyment of the Watch lately.

Back on topic:
There is many aspects that I like, but I'd like to play more before I comment in detail. But what I find really noteworthy, is the level to which animation, voice-acting and "scene-scripting" interact to bring the characters and dialogs alive. I don't remember anything comparable from any previous game. While maybe "superficial" as in not part of gameplay, it sets this game apart, and its a sgnificant factor in my enjoyment.

I agree the interactions feel geniune rather than scripted to a much higher level than any other game i've played. Although I haven't played me2 which is supposed to be strong at that.

I agree the interactions feel geniune rather than scripted to a much higher level than any other game i've played. Although I haven't played me2 which is supposed to be strong at that.

ME2 (and ME1 to be honest) are very, very good but IMO The Witcher 2 is a whole other level. And that goes for all visuals in the game. I have not been that impressed with the pure graphical/art work in a game since the original Far Cry. And the animations are just superb. Especially when compared to other AAA RPGs like Fallout New Vegas or Dragon Age. The only RPG (or game labeled as) that is at least nearly in the same league is ME2 (and maybe Deus Ex 3, although I need to play it before making any final judgment).

I wonder if ranting against ranting shouldn't be qualified differently? I don't rant that much I am mostly ranting against ranting posts. I'm surprised you didn't quote it. :p

That said <<Witcher 2 Positivity>> looks like:
  • Sect publicity.
  • Desperate Auto Suggestion.
  • Spaming.
  • Sounds like if The Witcher 2 is an awful thing, so much than it's oportune to open a thread to decipher and pinpoint the few positive elements.
  • Sounds also like if The Witcher 2 is suffering from a terrible anti hype justifying a little free space from all the hate.
  • And many more not at the advantage of The Witcher.

so let me see.

negativity is not negative when being negative about negativity even though the thread is about positivity which is actually negativity towords negativity in disguise.

So you could repeat the part when you said the thing about the stuff.

So dasale do you just not like the game or not like that I gave it a positive thread? (which as I though would happen is taking a negative turn.)

so let me see.

negativity is not negative when being negative about negativity even though the thread is about positivity which is actually negativity towords negativity in disguise.
Correct! :)

And I don't comment the Witcher 2, I don't have it so.

Thanks for seeing my humor in it. It's a nice side to see from you.:)
Man please don't say me JDR posts are humor! :rolleyes: Otherwise I don't answer posts just for acknowledgment, for example if your post had just the humor part without the question I would have smile but not post, well most often.

Man please don't say me JDR posts are humor! :rolleyes: Otherwise I don't answer posts just for acknowledgment, for example if your post had just the humor part without the question I would have smile but not post, well most often.

Sorry, I will remember that in the future.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom