Xenus 2: White Gold - Available in US Via Beamdog

txa1265

SasqWatch
I got an email from the digital download company BeamDog today about their weekend sale, and it ends up they are featuring Xenus 2 for $4.99!

So being a big fan of Boiling Point ... I bought it without a second thought!
The game works by being completely downloaded 'intact' and launched through their client - so I have no idea about access to game files for modding, etc ...

Just wanted to let folks know!

I didn't have much interest in White Gold until now, but I have to at least give it a try at that price.

Never heard of this BeamDog though. Are they new? Do you know what kind of DRM they use?

I didn't have much interest in White Gold until now, but I have to at least give it a try at that price.

Never heard of this BeamDog though. Are they new? Do you know what kind of DRM they use?

Apparently it was founded last summer/fall by one of the original Bioware employees. It uses a 'client' system similar to Steam, and the game is loaded in through the client. It is supposedly similar DRM system, but the founder says the focus is on a lighter client. The downloads self-install like Steam as well.

The game is loaded into the Beamdog\games directory, but otherwise looks intact. I tested to see if I could launch the game from the executable - but after playing for a while last night realized that I still had the client open … arrgh. Will check again later today.

Oh - and the translations are just plain awful. Not sure what version this is, but the opening logos have Russian, including an ad for Russian Maxim magazine with scantily clad women ...

The game is loaded into the Beamdog\games directory, but otherwise looks intact.

It's probably the same version as the GamersGate one, the GFI people mentioned that the DS games are available on several download services. In that case the unofficial patch should work as well for this version!

In that case the unofficial patch should work as well for this version!

Hey! Get out of my head! Stop answering questions before I ask them! :D

Thanks! Oh, and to confirm, if BeamDog client isn't logged in you cannot start the game.

Grrr… I waited too long. Now it's back to $29.99 already.

*Facepalm*

Crap ... most of those 'weekend deals' take you into Monday ~noon. I'll have to make a note of that for the future ...

Back
Top Bottom