Risen 2 UK Risen 2 preorder

I think if the prices stay so high I'll just wait and buy the game on a Steam sale next Xmas or something.

It's funny I've been looking forward to this game for ages, but I can't understand expecting us to pay more then we did for Skyrim/ME3, in recent months…

Daniel.

The summer sale is right around the corner ;)

That said I cannot see the price on Amazon being like that on release day. Unless these guys are nuts...

Otoh, If this is not some kind of cock up and preorder price is that on truth then this is quite the money grabbing scheme... I would consider buying the game myself on the summer sale (again on principle ;) )...

Aye that'd be much more like it, around £30...

Daniel.

£40 on Steam - have just seen it and is just a joke. The collector's edition for XBOX on amazon cost the same!

I hope that this is just a mistake as many (mainly online) retailers put a high price on pre-orders as they are not sure the exact cost of the game early before its release (or the publisher is rubbish and have not informed them early of the expected retail cost of the game).

I have also noticed that almost all pre-order prices have gone up - typical pre-order cost for a pc game used to be £24.99 here in the UK, now almost all of them are around the £30 figure if not more! What is happenining? people are not getting any richer here!

amazon.de (current price PC-version):

Standard version:
= 42,90 Euro = 35,804 GBP = 56,804 USD

Collector's version:
= 59,90 Euro = 49,993 GBP = 79,314 USD

Steam says 49.99€ for me (croatia), Amazon however doesn't have the PC version unless the prices on .de amazon are not germanlanguage-only releases.

Since I want to play that game so badly, I'll simply preorder it on steam if in a next few days a better offer doesn't show up.

To all those who say that the price is too high, lemme remind you that 4 months old Anno2070 is still 50€ on steam, and I really wouldn't pay that price for that game ever. Just a random example.

Its not about the money tag. it is about being offered free DLC as an incentive for preorder and then putting the price more than 10 euros upwards than recent AAA titles (and only for the established European fanbase because we wanna finally put ourselves on the map on the states ;) )... This is worse than DAY 1 DLC in a sly and underhanded way methinks...

I think that I''l go and replay the Witcher 2 with that free content CDPR is releasing soon until that summer sale :)

Still seriously interested what the preorder/post release price will be on Amazon.uk though...

At least you guys are getting a collector's edition over there. Afaik, there's not going to be a CE for the PC version outside of Europe.

Yeah, Deep Silver is really not doing very well here methinks...

I really want to support PB on day 1 but they are making me strain myself a bit here :)

Oh well, wait and see... Back to Risen 1 now...

Its not about the money tag. it is about being offered free DLC as an incentive for preorder and then putting the price more than 10 euros upwards than recent AAA titles (and only for the established European fanbase because we wanna finally put ourselves on the map on the states ;) )… This is worse than DAY 1 DLC in a sly and underhanded way methinks…

That is exactly what I hate about pre-order DLCs, they are used as an excuse to raise the game price to silly heights. Well, with my backlog of games to play and new ones coming at the same time (legend of grimrock), Risen 2 can wait.

Wow £40 is a little steep. However I am hopeful that as the pre-orders come in so the price will drop. Additionally I hope that Amazon will pick up the title in a few days time, unless Deep Silver are only using a steam release for a month or so (thinks about X3: Albion Prelude)?

Good advice on Game.com/co.uk purchases. Nobody is sure what is going on in that company so very risky to buy from them. Are they still taking online orders?

Aiji Ma

Yeah I think you can still order from Game, not sure I would though even if Risen 2 is priced so much cheaper there…

So 1 month to go and the pre-order is basically cocked up everywhere, and if you don't pre-order you wont get the DLC… At which point you may as well wait till this is in a bargain bin somewhere…

If they don't fix this ASAP it will decimate sales, whoever priced this must have a serious grudge with Piranha Bytes… :(

Daniel.

It seems like every online store (and their dog) are offering Risen 2 pre-orders for digitial download only at £39.99, but not retail. The latest trailer also says at the end that it is coming to PC only through digital download. Is PB having difficulty putting the game to retail in time and therefore resorting to digital distribution only? Or are they twisting people's arms to buy at the highest price (with the excuse that deep silver are losing profit with people around the globe ordering cheaper games from the UK)?

Time will tell, but I have many options available:
- buy few months later at half the price
- get Steam keys from ebay or online few weeks later at half the price
- wait for Steam sale,
- by the time I finish my backlog of games, Risen 2 will be on GoG for $9.99!

Forgot to mention that gamestop.co.uk have Risen 2 retail pre-order at £24.99 (+ £2.00 delivery). I don't know how true is this, and I don't pre-order from them as they charge your credit card instantly upon pre-order (and not when the order is shipped).

- by the time I finish my backlog of games, Risen 2 will be on GoG for $9.99!
Odd… You sure it won't be $4.99? ;)

In any case I planned to get digital version only, last game I got as boxed was TW1 EE ages ago all others are digital, less paper, less boxes, less junk all around me (yea, I know old tutorials are NOT junk, but they don't make them any more :()...

Last edited:
They probably want to make it as hard as possible for people from other countries to import a cheap UK PC version.
It's also possible that they have problems getting shelf space for the PC version. The UK is a console market.

amazon.de (current price PC-version):

Standard version:
= 42,90 Euro = 35,804 GBP = 56,804 USD

Collector's version:
= 59,90 Euro = 49,993 GBP = 79,314 USD

... and last but most definitely not least... :)

Steelbeard's Treasure version:
= 99,99 Euro = 83,638 GBP = 132,764 USD

As for the UK, I've found the game (standard PC edition) for GBP 29.99 here at GameSeek.
I'm quite sure that Amazon.co.uk will have a listing at around that price within the next couple of weeks, too. Deep Silver seems to be a little slow in getting information on availability and pricing to retailers and Amazon (UK) seems to be rather slow with their updates as well (e.g. they only recently began to take preorders on the Diablo 3 CE while GAME, Play.com and others had the game available for preorder much earlier).

The pricing on Risen 2 prompted me to look over my lifetime Steam purchases to see how many times I had been enticed to spend even $50 on any game in the past several years. It turns out that I've only done so ONCE, and that was for Skyrim.

The only other games I spent more than that on in the past few years were Two Worlds II (Collector's Edition) and Elemental: WoM (Collector's Edition), both of which I regretted. I don't think I'm confident enough about Risen 2 to spend more than $40. I'll look forward to hearing what those of you who are preordering think of the full game though.

As for the UK, I've found the game…

The latest Hope Emerges Trailer seems to indicate that sales will be online only, all the online retailers for the UK are unfortunately charging £40.

I guess this means GAMESEEK and such will be cancelling their pre-orders?

Daniel.

Online only ? o_O

I hope that is wrong. My expectations were along the lines with Moriendor's (30 quid for a physical version on amazon would be a nobrainer ofcourse).

I most certainly do not feel like rewarding Deep Silver for that with 50 euros, especially for a digital purchase… Perhaps I would have done that for NOTR (I'd probably would have given more ;) ) but although I am certain I am gonna like Risen 2 from what I've seen in the beta, I was not exactly ecstatic with what I saw either. I can wait for the next sale for the kind of game I expect it to be really (hopefully sometime around summer)…

Yeah it shows boxes for 360 and PS3, for PC it just says available on Steam.

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom