KoA: Reckoning - Legend of Dead Kel Preview @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has previewed Reckoning's first DLC, The Legend of Dead Kel with some interesting comments. Apparently the DLC runs to around four hours and here's a snip:
The island itself is as interesting a character as any other area of Amalur. Its pirate theme is prevalent without becoming overwhelming and cheesy. There is a sharp contrast between a bleak pirate fortress and a beautiful, colorful cave, for instance.

The real Achilles heel of The Legend of Dead Kel is Dead Kel himself. Imagine a melodramatic LeChuck who's missing his funny bone. He's a forgettable villain whose cartoonish, senseless goals are established poorly, even within the small scale of the story.
More information.

first there were dragons, now theres pirates

Yeah, lots of games seem to be turning to pirates these days.

But, what the heck, they have done everything else

Unless this includes a new difficulty level to address the astounding lack of challenge I aint buying. The only way to currently make the game somewhat interesting is to utterly avoid all core game mechanics designed to enhance performance and never use a potion. Great potential here for good hack and slash, I just dont see how this got through testing with this level of challenge on the highest difficulty setting.

Why do I get the feeling one of the island's other names would be something along the lines of "Insula Simianus" and the pirate zombie's last name is really something like "La Chuleta" and he'll just happen to be madly in love with the walking stereotype they give you as a sort of companion?

Back
Top Bottom