Your favorite adventure games

wow, I want to play these two, anyone know if they are on GOG ?

Anyway anyone know of any good new adventure game? ( not that I think any such a game exist ) of course preferably in 2d….

There is only one good 3d adventure game that I tried… Discworld Noir!

Depends on the subgenre.

Have you tried Amnesia? A magnificent 3D horror adventure.

Then there was the "Semi 2D" vampire game a year or so ago. Can't remember the title, but it was decent enough.

I liked Black Mirror from a few years back, as well.

Anachronox, part RPG, part adventure, lots of humour, and one of my top 5 games of all time.

For other games not mentioned, Maniac Mansion which was a precursor to Day of the Tentacle (which I never played). The Void gets my pick for most strange and beautiful game i've ever played. Darkened Skye which falls more in toward the action/adventure category (which i have much love for in the past)was an adorable adventure that had not great graphics for the time, and some fairly unchalenging gameplay but the story had lots of light hearted humour and the Skittles magic system was actually kind of cool.

Insecticide was a cool and short action adventure game i played last year.

Omikron was a remarkable an unique adventure thought admitabley I never finished it back in the day. Also by Quantic Dream — Indigo Prophecy was quite enjoyable though haven't played Heavy Rain yet as no PS3.

Much love for The Longest Journey and Dreamfall as well.

Other enjoyables though not as great are the Still Lifes and Syberia games all of which have their charms.

Oh damn (started skimming the Just Adventure review index to jog the noggin) another now now rarely mention games is Project Eden. Made by Core back in the good Tomb Raider era it had squad control, had great graphics and insanely 0 load times when it came out and it had a rather long adventure that descened in a sadely underutilized cyberpunk/dystopian setting. 4 unique squad members that could be switched out on the fly each with unique skills to solve puzzles and like a true adventure game there is no dying as your characters respawn/regen if their health runs out and all different weapons have energy that recharges.

Also looking at their index which does include some non adventure games by nearly all standards their is the Thief games which stick out as can you really call those a shooter. And the stealth genre is so inconvievabely small, not that a number of games don't offer stealth 'options' its just that the Theif games to me really are at the heart of what an "adventure" style game is, it has puzzles to solve with great atmosphere and story telling.

Death Gate was a fine game. :)

Back
Top Bottom