Chaos Chronicles - Updates

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
StraySheep informed us that the Chaos Chronicles devs have uploaded 7 new screenshots, mention an interview at RPGFrance and let us know the following:
Well. We’d like to announce today that there won’t be new screenshots in December. We’d also like to announce the reason for that. We promised a trailer several times before. And now we can officially say that the trailer indeed isn’t far away anymore. Instead of static screenshots you’ll see “Chaos Chronicles” in movement for the first time in December. And not at the end of December but much, much earlier. It will, of course, contain a lot of WiP-material. A short example: If you have read our blog for quite a while you’ll notice the old grid here and there. With the release of the trailer another small announcement will be made – just as a little hint.
More information.

This game is quickly raising above most of the contenders in my personal hype chart.

For sure. This and Original Sin are why 2013 looks great for gaming. :)

They really should expand their community involvement past RPGCodex though!

Well it looks very nice, and I definitely like the hex movement grid. I guess that means it uses turn-based combat?

The game has my interest all I want is a rotating camera that works better then there Jagged Alliance games. Next year can't come fast enough with this and the kick starters.

They really should expand their community involvement past RPGCodex though!

Oh we do. Sometimes you notice it, sometimes not. And as you can see: I now have an account here too, so if you have any questions.... feel free to ask ;)

There are some great looking RPG's on the horizon.

they had me at the hex based combat, where do I enter my credit card info?

Welcome! Your game looks amazing. I cannot wait for the first video!

Please note that I'm "just" the Producer of the game and am located at the Publisher and not at Coreplay directly. But as you said: Yes, their game indeed looks amazing (and doesn't play that bad at all already... ;))

I much prefer the art direction of Chaos Chronicles to Original Sin. I want dark and menacing environments not Rainbow Pony.

Looking very good and what little I've read sounds very promising. Here's hoping the game delivers and provides "good ol' CRPG fun".

I now have an account here too, so if you have any questions…. feel free to ask ;)
Well, since you offered to answer questions, here are two (which I guess have been answered on the game's site, but I'm lazy ;)).

1. Can you create your whole party of five characters or can you only make one character with others being pre-made (the Icewind Dale vs Baldur's Gate method)?

2. How are you planning to implement magic? As you're using OGL d20 rules (with modifications), will you use the Vancian spell casting system (i.e. memorize in advance, can cast limited number of spells per spell level, etc.) or something else (like a Spell Point kind of thing which allows more mixing and varying in which spells to cast)?

1. Can you create your whole party of five characters or can you only make one character with others being pre-made (the Icewind Dale vs Baldur's Gate method)?

2. How are you planning to implement magic? As you're using OGL d20 rules (with modifications), will you use the Vancian spell casting system (i.e. memorize in advance, can cast limited number of spells per spell level, etc.) or something else (like a Spell Point kind of thing which allows more mixing and varying in which spells to cast)?

1) You can create your whole Party.
2) There will be some spells in the game. I can't go into detail here but let's say that all the spells which are in the game are picked from the OGL 3.5 rule-set. You may have noticed the fireball in one Screenshot already :)

Looks great, but sorry, feels… Dull. Chewed. Been there, done that. Dunno how exactly to decribe what bothers me there.

There is nothing there I'm excited with. Dunno, maybe I got the wrong impression. Or it's the weather. :)

Looks great, but sorry, feels… Dull. Chewed. Been there, done that. Dunno how exactly to decribe what bothers me there.

There is nothing there I'm excited with. Dunno, maybe I got the wrong impression. Or it's the weather. :)

Or your a .....

Back
Top Bottom