Risen About enemies bodies...

rockyourazz

Watchdog
Hi, I would like to know if anyone knows if enemy bodies disappear after a while if you don't take anything from them.
I want to kill all the enemies and not take anything from them until I get all the hunting tools so I could take all the trophies from them too.
Is it possible that as long as I stay in the same chapter - all enemy bodies will still be ripe for the picking?

They disappear either after a certain time, or if you go too far from them. Don't know which but they definitely won't stay for an entire chapter. Personally i think they disappear pretty quickly compared to Gothic 2 and 3 and so on, although i haven't timed it...

They MAY disappear across chapter changes. But I know for sure that a body WILL stay around if anything remains to loot from it.

I've had stingrats that I killed ages ago (but were too lazy to loot) still be there when I walked over that patch of land again.

Rocky, are you testing out your theory on how to maximize money? By killing nothing until you get all the right hunting skills?

Thanks...

@toxues
Thanks for the reply but forgive me if I wished you were wrong because I have started the game again (a 26 hour game) and went on a 12 hour killing spree and I just left the bodies all over the island and have just entered Harbor Town :) I might just have to start over again :) And I thought I was being productive... :)

@elkston
Thank you for your reply man… I REALLY hope you are right and they all will still be there after I buy all the tools and find the secret passage out of the town (or just jump - though I don't wanna pay again).

And as for your question… Yes I AM trying to maximize everything that I can… I will not be able to do so In one game unless I save very very often almost after just a few actions because some of the stuff like getting someone to take you somewhere before you go there yourself could also cost me experience points without me knowing first… :) I am pretty bored and don't have anything better to do :) Honestly :)

I will update when I get out of town and find out if there are still bodies on the shore and west coast…

I have the same experience as elkston. Even after several hours of travelling around the world, I can still come across wolf corpses and similar that hold a single tooth on them etc.

@toxues
Thanks for the reply but forgive me if I wished you were wrong because I have started the game again (a 26 hour game) and went on a 12 hour killing spree and I just left the bodies all over the island and have just entered Harbor Town :) I might just have to start over again :) And I thought I was being productive… :)

It's nothing new for me to be wrong. :biggrin: I haven't done what you're doing, i always looted all bodies as soon as they hit the ground and therefore didn't pay much attention to them, so don't worry.

I suppose i've been really thorough with them since i don't remember seeing corpses ever again after i've killed them.

Thanks…The Case is Closed...

@Maylander
Thank you for your reply Maylander… it puts me at ease to think there might be hope to find those wonderful rotting carcasses still lying around for me to play with…..Oh and if there was a list for the top five psychokiller sentences - that would probably be one of them :)

@toxeus
I thank you for trying to help out though… its always welcomed :)

I found the exit and can go check to see if they are there but I am not getting out of here until I get my prospecting skill :) …so the update might take a while…

UPDATE/ANSWER:
OK…I have the answer…as far as I can see you CAN kill something only to come back to it after more than 10 hours with moving great distances through the map and with reseting the game (well…it crashed :) ) it remembers the places of the dead enemies in the save as far as I can see…all the way up to my first sea vulture...
The problem is that it also remembers what you could take out of the body the moment you killed it. Even though I didn't touch the dead bore from more than ten hours ago and I got the tools now and I just killed a new bore and got meat,skin AND truss - I can't get truss from the old bore I killed when I didn't have the tool…oh well…at least thats an answer…It's a little bumming but I might succeed in other areas of my life…If I stop playing this…I swear I might…really…

Last edited:
The crap thing that happened to me was when I killed Aric in the washroom.
He fell between 2 tubs, half way through the wall, and I couldn't focus on him. :D
After sleeping for the night, his body was gone.
Still don't know if you get anything decent off of his corpse.

@Maylander

The problem is that it also remembers what you could take out of the body the moment you killed it. Even though I didn't touch the dead bore from more than ten hours ago and I got the tools now and I just killed a new bore and got meat,skin AND truss - I can't get truss from the old bore I killed when I didn't have the tool…oh well…at least thats an answer…It's a little bumming but I might succeed in other areas of my life…If I stop playing this…I swear I might…really…

Ahhh. This is what I wondered about as well. It does seem the loot is determined at the moment of death. There is nothing wrong with this, however, I feel that special skills which could increase the loot should be applied when the body is searched. There should be a "base" loot which everyone can get (meat for example) that can be set at kill time. But then, when you actually loot the body a script should run that augments the loot if you have special skills like skinning or taking claws.

The fact that the killer's abilities' at the time of death determine the loot create a few situations that defy common sense. For example, if a city guard kills a wolf, you cannot go back and take the wolf's skin even IF you have that skill because the *guard* didn't have it.

notitle

@Chams
I had one or two that fell halfway into the wall too. I don't know about that certain body…maybe it doesn't save quest-related-bodies…It does seem that only one model exists for each character in the game and that model is moved around the map in some points in the game so it could be the reason he disappeared - he was moved somewhere . I have caused characters to fall off places they shouldn't and they automatically were "picked up" by an invisible hand and flown back to their original states - they were not really re-spawned but were "moved". I have a problem with the enemies weapon that always seems to fly way off into the distance only to be lost forever or accidentally found the next week…I didn't hit the weapon - I hit the guy in the head…seriously…what weird force is at work here? :)

@elkston
I agree with you… the body is there anyway so I think you should be able to return to it and take whatever piece you wanted…
More than this I think that if they:
1) made it so the bodies don't disappear
2) made the tools not animal-oriented but work on all animals just generally for teeth,meat,eyes,ears,heart and so on

it would have given more substance to the hunting skill and you would "upgrade" each kills worth by getting more tools. It just seems more natural and rewarding that way for every kill. Retroactively too - so you have more of an incentive to buy more tools and you get more out of it…maybe next time

A update...

Hi again…
I forgot to mention that i seem to get wolf-skin out of the hungry wolves I killed in the beginning… I went back to an early save to check if you need hunting skill or knife for that and…you do…

This means you DO get an "upgrade" to your kill if you leave it there and come back after you get hunting skill and hunting knife :) at least for all the skinnable animals (wolves and bores and…?) You might not get all the special trophies but at least I'm better off than before…(a little)… this wasn't a complete waste of time for me :)
And who knows with this game… maybe the next time I will even get all trophies…or none…or suddenly gold ore will come out of the stingrat's ass and flying bores will piss mana potion on me :) (i've been having a few bugs lately) :)

Back
Top Bottom