Australia

Bartacus

BartWatch
I recently met an old friend from elementary on facebook. It appears to be that he's living in Australia now. His hometown is Melbourne -> Any of our Australians living near Melbourne?

No, but my son does and he visits here from time to time.

Pity that none of our members live there, but glad to hear your son lives there, Corwin. I heard that the old friend is going back to Belgium real soon -> he's gonna marry here and spend a few months in Belgium. The he's going back to Australia for another 1,5 years.

My son is a member here, but remember, that Melb is a VERY large city with several million people living there.

He rarely posts, but lurks a lot!! :)

In the press here there's currently a story about the rigid immigration policy of Australia. A German doctor went two years ago into one rural area of Australia where they seemingly quite desperately seek doctors ... and now, after two years of living there, the immigration bureaucracy says they'll have to leave, because their mentally handicapped son might cost the country several thousands of money for supporting him.

It's weird, and one newsppaper article says that the immigration bureaucracy seems to be quite rigid against *everyone*.

They are, and most Aussies think they're a bunch of total jerks!! They scream for skilled migrants, and then treat them like that. Pity really!!

The articles I read said that most Australians the family met think the same.

The way the regulations are currently written the Minister is pretty much the only person with any discression on immigration cases, blame the government.

We love to blame the Gov't for EVERYTHING; it's a national passtime, but they deserve it!! :)

Also, because the Dept. of Immigration is such an unpopular place, the PM usually assigns a complete dork who's out of favour to that ministry. It's sort of a no win situation!!

Back
Top Bottom