Demonicon - Preview @ Games Radar

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It's been a while since we heard about Demonicon, but this jaded, four-paragraph piece won't tell you much. Games Radar has reprinted a brief look from Xbox World 360 UK:
There’s nothing new about the Oblivion-esque scenery and attempt to match its gameplay (although each quest you undertake will apparently have three distinct solutions and outcomes), and the makeup of your team will be instantly familiar to anyone who does overtime at their local Games Workshop – but the selling point here is that the hunky warrior, sly dwarf and brave archer lass who will be watching your back will all be controlled by up to eight flesh and blood gamers, and every dungeon you explore will be specifically tailored to teamwork, Left 4 Dead-style.
More information.

I'm still puzzled.

Wasn't this for TDE ?

By this part :

will all be controlled by up to eight flesh and blood gamers, and every dungeon you explore will be specifically tailored to teamwork, Left 4 Dead-style.

This MP part wasn't so obvious to me up to now, plus I had always thought that there were just 2 characters.

This article is hilariously bad:

Games Radar said:
You’d think that only devoted role-players would know what the hell we’re going on about, but the German RPG has actually outsold its more illustrious Dungeons & Dragons forebear internationally since its creation in 1984.
The only place where TDE as actually outsold D&D is the German language market, I wouldn't call that "actually outselling D&D internationally". My marketing-speak-detector just went off, big time.

Games Radar said:
But ultimately Demonicon is just a chance for die-hard die fans to explore their favourite fantasy world together for the first time in a pretty (though we’ve yet to see it in motion) next gen landscape. More will start to reveal itself soon…
Nevermind that Radon Labs has done a pretty good job at that with Drakensang and The River of Time already, I like that these journalist at least admit that their "first look" involved nothing more than peeking at photoshopped screenshots and press releases provided by the developer/publisher.

This MP part wasn't so obvious to me up to now, plus I had always thought that there were just 2 characters.
Silver Style has pretty much announced Demonicon with a multiplayer component. I don't know Left 4 Dead, so I don't know if mentioning it is a good thing. From what I can gather it's some FPS so I put that under further proof that Demonicon will go down the Action-RPG route.

Back
Top Bottom