Two Worlds

OK. Just have to relate a fun and new ARPG experience I had with the demo last night. Rode into a Grom encampment on my new favorite toy, the TW horse. After chopping down the two melee punks, the ranged punk began a game of run-and-shoot with me. I had to aim and time my runs past him to get single whacks in as he tried to get away. A brand new and very satisfying gaming experience (no, I never played M&B long enough to get a horse). After about a minute or two of this, weaving inbetween trees, wheeling my steed bout and having just a grand old time, the little bastard heads for a big rock to get away from me and force me off my mount. Now this could have been random, but it sure looked like AI. We'd been chasing around the camp and he'd passed the same big rock at least a few times before he finally headed for the high ground and then just stood there plunking away at me. Needless to say, I had to dismount and chase him down on foot. If this is indicitive of the level of AI in this game, I would almost buy it based strictly on that. :)

Now this could have been random, but it sure looked like AI. We'd been chasing around the camp and he'd passed the same big rock at least a few times before he finally headed for the high ground and then just stood there plunking away at me. Needless to say, I had to dismount and chase him down on foot. If this is indicitive of the level of AI in this game, I would almost buy it based strictly on that. :)

You can use the horse call button (whistle) to get your horse to come to you.

You can use the horse call button (whistle) to get your horse to come to you.

Yes, I know. My point was that the AI seemed to realize that I was beating the heck out of the guy (the "on horse" damage bonus) and decided to make me get off my horse to finish him off. As I'm sure you know, there are places, such as big rocks, that the horse simply can't go.

I was never fussed about the Oblivion UI really, the problem I had with it is the dull locations, npcs, wierd heads, same voiced races, level scaled everything, no coincidences to any of your actions. Please name a TES game that had a good UI. Anyway, what's good about the Two Worlds UI?

I was never fussed about the Oblivion UI really, the problem I had with it is the dull locations, npcs, wierd heads, same voiced races, level scaled everything, no coincidences to any of your actions. Please name a TES game that had a good UI. Anyway, what's good about the Two Worlds UI?

Large icons, drag and drop inventory. Whereas the UI in Oblivion was more tuned to consoles, the UI in Two Worlds is clearly old school and made for PC first. Just my opinion.

Last night i had finally enough time to play the demo, and it was good enough to buy it, kinda loved the mix of G3 and oblivion feel, though there were some disapointment's but i can live with them ;) So here i go shopping :D

Bought it and downloading a huge 1,1 gig patch now :D I think that is some customers care that we should have seen with gothic3 ;) (i was too lazy to edit my previous post, sorry)

Yay! I've been playing it for the last couple of weeks and I'm really enjoying myself. There are times when you are the toughest dude on the street and then you move south and relearn the meaning of pain. Cyclops and Ogres will do that to you :D I'm one of those that restarts over and over again til I get a build I really enjoy playing.

Bought it and downloading a huge 1,1 gig patch now :D I think that is some customers care that we should have seen with gothic3 ;) (i was too lazy to edit my previous post, sorry)

Dont forget to play on Hard. Many people in the official forums say they regret starting with normal difficulty because its too easy.

Also there is a separete control panel to d/l if you want to tune your gfx and other stuff.

I too have joined the ranks of owners. While I overpayed for the lame NA CE (I'm a sucker for maps), and I've got that irritating and yet-to-be-fixed dialogue cut-off bug, everything else is going swimmingly. I'm getting over the limited character control (no strafe, no walk mode, no avatar rotation with camera, no DL-like acrobatics or manual blocking) and finding the world very lush and enjoyable to explore and the game mechanics fun and varied. Definitely seems to be a whole-greater-than-its-parts type game. Can't wait to learn the Burn skill and shove my torch into some beastie's ugly face! :evilgrin:

I'll be honest it's been discouraging to see some of the negative reviews for this excellent game. I think Two Worlds is an outstanding, old school CRPG. Just my opinion.

I'll be honest it's been discouraging to see some of the negative reviews for this excellent game. I think Two Worlds is an outstanding, old school CRPG. Just my opinion.

I can see most of the justification for the reviews that are average to mediocre (60 - 75%) based on much of what I've seen in the game. I feel like I have been doing stuff in completely random order and it has reflected in some really funky dialog.

But at the same time I keep going back to it again and again. It is a cool game but has some flaws - I think it is getting flogged more than it deserves based on the perceived or real X360 issues.

The mods are coming out nicely. They are allready working on manual block and parry:

I've already got this in the works.

I will release this in future mods I am putting out.

Included features:

Manual Shield Blocking
Manual Weapon Parry

The magic sytem has also been tweaked and more integrated.

I'll give more info as it comes into more completion.

Also there are talks about one supermod that includes most if not all mods. I think Ill wait fully for the mods to come out before playing this.

After several hours of an intensive playing, i'm glad about something, no crashing at all and that is something i would call good for this game, for that i could forgive anything i didn't like in this game (there isn't actually many things i hate) Thank you guys for the hints. If anyone loved to play oblivion or gothic games, this one is definetly worth of trying and even buying.

Hey guys!

First of all hello to you all,as I'm new to the Forum and this is my first post(as you can obviously see..:p)

I've heard a lot about the game but I've not figured out the combat style yet.Is it Diablo style or sort of turn-based D&D style?I certainly prefer the second,though I can't say i didn't love titan quest..:p

It seems I'll go for the royal edition,the extra stuff is awesome!

Hi DimGrav - welcome !

Two Worlds has real time combat - similar to Diablo.

I honestly don't think 'Diablo' as I play Two Worlds, I tend to think Gothic / Oblivion / Rune / Blade of Darkness.

Back
Top Bottom