South Park - Pre-Order Offers

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Ubisoft and Obsidian Entertainment have announced new details for the South Park: The Stick of Truth pre-order offers.

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH PRE-ORDER OFFERS

London, UK – 17 October 2013 - Today, Ubisoft®, South Park Digital Studios and Obsidian Entertainment announce details on South Park: The Stick of Truth pre-order offers: two packs of additional in-game content.

Pre-order the game now at ShopTo and get The Stick of Truth Ultimate Fellowship Pack including four exclusive Stick of Truth costumes that come equipped with special abilities:

- Necromancer Sorcerer Costume: Bonus Fire Damage
- Ranger Elf Costume: Bonus Weapon Damage
- Rogue Assassin Costume: Bonus Gold
- Holy Defender Costume: Bonus Defenses

In addition, pre-orders at GAME will allow you to push your role playing skills to the limit with the Super Samurai Spaceman Pack including three exclusive Stick of Truth costumes that come equipped with special abilities:

- Superhero Costume: Buffs at Start of Combat
- Samurai Costume: Buffs when you Defeat an Enemy
- Spaceman Costume: Emergency Shields

Players who pre-order via the Uplay shop http://shop.ubi.com/SPKStickofTruth will receive both The Stick of Truth Ultimate Fellowship Pack and the Super Samurai Spaceman Pack as a bonus. The Grand Wizard Edition is also available now for pre-order and includes:

- South Park: The Stick of Truth Game
- Grand Wizard Kidrobot® Cartman Figure
- Kingdom of South Park Map
- And The Stick of Truth Ultimate Fellowship Pack presented above
More information.

Last edited:
I used to love South Park back in the late 90's but somehow I we just grew apart. I haven't seem an episode for like ten years. As it is right now this game isn't on my list either.

Sigh, I guess since it's Ubisoft they're going to have their own version of everything, so simply having it on Steam won't be enough, nor will Steam get any pre-order offers.

I'm not signing up for yet another online game store, so I'll just buy it when it's out I suppose.

I think I will try this game since the only episode of South Park I liked was related to rpgs (World of Warcraft) and I really liked that episode so maybe this will actually be funny unlike 90% of the show.

I like south park, I like obsidian..... It's a buy for me. I expect I'll have a lot of fun with it.

I think I will try this game since the only episode of South Park I liked was related to rpgs (World of Warcraft) and I really liked that episode so maybe this will actually be funny unlike 90% of the show.

That episode is very typical south park. Seems kind of odd to just like that one episode since it's not doing anything different than usual? You only like TV-shows if they're about RPG's or what? Just curious :)

The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring and Good times with weapons are much better episodes (usually ranked higher). I bet you will like them if you liked the WoW episode, and those two episodes has surely affected / inspired the game.

Last edited:
Couldn't care less for South Park but am preordering the game definetly.
uPlay is a huge minus, but it won't stop me.

That episode is very typical south park. Seems kind of odd to just like that one episode since it's not doing anything different than usual? You only like TV-shows if they're about RPG's or what? Just curious :)

The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring and Good times with weapons are much better episodes (usually ranked higher). I bet you will like them if you liked the WoW episode, and those two episodes has surely affected / inspired the game.

As luck would have it, those 3 episodes are the only I thought were decent in the last several years, as well. I wouldn't necessarily call it "typical" SP, though. It seems they get carried away too often anymore with ManBearPig-like stuff, when they could come up with clever content if they just dropped the shenanigan level a notch or two. Or maybe I'm just growing out of it?

If the game comes out with really decent player ratings, I may consider buying after the first price drop in a few months. But's that's really the only way I'd do it.

Dunno why but ubistore on my side doesn't have SoT available at all?!

Dunno why but ubistore on my side doesn't have SoT available at all?!

It also does not appear in the US store - browsed pre-orders and also searched for "south park," and even just "south" and "stick." I wonder if they just haven't listed it on their own store yet. They do link to amazon and several other retailers to pre-order though.

Edit: It does appear in the UK store though, at least according to a google search. Doesn't let me view it though and redirects to US store when I follow the link.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.282371100

So.....if we buy it on Steam, we'd still have to use Uplay??? Thanks for letting me keep my money =). Seriously, that is like the worse business model ever, these people that make it more work for a person to spend money on a product really need to get a clue.

So…..if we buy it on Steam, we'd still have to use Uplay???
Yes. Just like with HoMM6, Anno2070, FarCry3, etc. DoubleDRM. It's silly, it's annoying, definetly retarded, but...

No offense to anyone, but I think the only thing worse than a company requiring that is people caving in to it. That is just ridiculous. I just went and spent 30 bucks on GoG to make myself feel better.

What can I do when I like those games?
It's not like you get a new promising RPG everyday.

Yes. Just like with HoMM6, Anno2070, FarCry3, etc. DoubleDRM. It's silly, it's annoying, definetly retarded, but…

You don't have to buy it on steam so can easily get 'SingleDRM'? Anno 2070 for example had only tages and Uplay if bought on gamersgate, but steam, tages and uplay if bought on steam. So don't buy on steam, problem solved, as much as it can be. If anyone cannot be bothered to then that is their fault.

Meh, Ubi and everyone else should go the whole hog like EA did, there's no economic justification for swapping paying a retailer $30 on every $60 game sold to giving steam $20 on every $60 game sold.

They should put a "Stick Of Truth" into the package. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom