Thinking of buying a indie game

... crap ... I just got into ResEvil and Sony released *both* Final Fantasy VII AND Medal of Honor on the PSN Store ... no UMD gaming for me for a while ...

Take it you have a PSP? I have one I killed. :( Eventually gotta replace it, if only for GT: PSP.

Yep ... and as I have been repeatedly reminded I am about 2 months late with my latest handheld article here ... but now I'm playing FF VII and Crimson Gem Saga on the PSP and Knights in the Nightmare on the DS, those have to go in as well ...

I actually have launch day PSP-1000, 2000 and 3000 ... and in spite of how much of a fail-move I think it is I know I'll have a $250 launch day PSP Go ... somedays I just hate myself ...

I'd hate myself too, buying the same system over and over with no reason. At least the Go! has some redeeming changes... except it has no UMD slot IIRC. Which means you'd not be able to play all your older games.

I got mine because my brother owed me money, and as usual we did a trade.

I'd hate myself too, buying the same system over and over with no reason. At least the Go! has some redeeming changes... except it has no UMD slot IIRC. Which means you'd not be able to play all your older games.

Well, each of my kids has a PSP to use as well as me, so it isn't exactly 'no reason'. The PSP Go, however ...

I'd hate myself too, buying the same system over and over with no reason.

When I was in my early teens, I went through at least 3 or 4 different NES consoles. I used to get so frustrated with some games that I would punch the top of my NES until it eventually broke and I had to buy another. :lol:

When I was in my early teens, I went through at least 3 or 4 different NES consoles. I used to get so frustrated with some games that I would punch the top of my NES until it eventually broke and I had to buy another. :lol:

I hope you didn't do the same with your friends when they pissed you off :p

How'd you manage to break a NES? I punched a hole in the top of mine, and it still works. Needs a new connector for the carts, but still. I could see getting that frustrated with some of those games though. Especially the Mega Man games. Still, I only went through 1 NES, and maybe a couple controllers.

At least that is a reason to buy a new one. I was referring to buying a PSP2000 just because it was "new". Not broken, lost, or otherwise in need of replacement. Kids are a good excuse, though I'd rather never have that excuse.

How'd you manage to break a NES? I punched a hole in the top of mine, and it still works. Needs a new connector for the carts, but still. I could see getting that frustrated with some of those games though. Especially the Mega Man games. Still, I only went through 1 NES, and maybe a couple controllers.

I used to rain fist o' fury down on that sucker until the top would eventually start to cave downwards. :lol: Then you could pick it up and hear all the tiny pieces of plastic rattling around inside..

I used to chew on the cord of the controllers when i was angry.
Both are still working ten years later, tho. :biggrin:

I used to rain fist o' fury down on that sucker until the top would eventually start to cave downwards. :lol: Then you could pick it up and hear all the tiny pieces of plastic rattling around inside..

Wow ... my original GameBoy is still in pristine condition despite traveling with me loads for work back then, and I just brought out an original HP PDA from around that same time that is also in amazing shape. I've always been extra-gentle with my stuff. If a game annoys me I just stop.

My GBA has seen over a half a million miles of road trips with me, and I can pick it up and play it right now. I have had a PS1 die on me, one of the original heavy gray models. I replaced it with a slim PS1, which I eventually gave to my brother, who had it stolen. That is the extent of my lost/damaged systems. I also gave him my GBC, which was also stolen. But it never died.

PC's I had one struck by lightning a few years ago, and I accidentally dropped a Dr Pepper on a 386 Laptop. That is the extent of failures with them I've had; except for this year. I burned out two motherboards, a PSU, and 2 CPU's in a desktop before buying this laptop.

I used to chew on the cord of the controllers when i was angry.
Both are still working ten years later, tho.

haha, that might make the game strike back :p giving you a electric shock haha.

Back
Top Bottom