Seven Dragon Saga - Dragonkin Artwork

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
TSI Games have an update available for Seven Dragon Saga, showing artwork for some of the Dragonkin and providing some information on them.

The world of Seven Dragon Saga is populated with a wide variety of beings; humans, humanoids, monsters, dragons and many strange creatures that defy categorization. For instance, the Firewind Coast is noted for its dragonkin.

Dragonkin is a broad term that covers any living creature that has some proportion of dragon blood flowing in its veins. Dragons are highly inquisitive beings, driven by brilliant intellect and strong passions. They love to use their shapeshifting powers to mingle and breed with the humans, humanoids and beasts of the Firewind Coast. As a result, they have spawned many a unique and often bizarre breed of creature. Two such monstrous dragonkin are the Drakes and the Wyrms. Drakes are airborne whilst Wyrms are earthbound, yet their individual strengths and weaknesses can vary dramatically depending on the concentration of dragon blood in their veins.
More information.

Have they announced what their strategy is after the failed kickstarter? It's nice to be getting these lore updates and all but I'm more interested in seeing what they're doing to get their game made.

Have they announced what their strategy is after the failed kickstarter? It's nice to be getting these lore updates and all but I'm more interested in seeing what they're doing to get their game made.

Yes, they said they were going to produce more content and then try again.

I wonder if the dragon kith will be a valid PC race?

Will kickstart them again when the time comes.

Drakes and the Wyrms
Do you remember praying for hits in Champions of Krynn as the beginner characters slashed away at the draconians? :DD

I did like the game's concept but I find the races pretty lackluster.

So… if a game includes non-human races, you're saying they have to be very weird and exotic?

In fact I dig Tolkienesque fantasy, and I can put up with Elves and Dwarves alright. But when you create new races altogether, they should stand out. PoE made the same mistake IMO with creating new races but in the end they might just have used standard D&D races.

In fact I dig Tolkienesque fantasy, and I can put up with Elves and Dwarves alright. But when you create new races altogether, they should stand out. PoE made the same mistake IMO with creating new races but in the end they might just have used standard D&D races.

Mmm, there's balance issues to consider. You can't make the new races too different play-wise than the others. Most of what you can tinker with lies with the cultures, but those too have to fit neatly within the overall picture.

I'd prefer three races that play substantially different over 8 races that are only cosmetically different. Kingdoms of Amalur did it somewhat right, even though I don't like binding skill trees to races.

Definitely something I'd like to see in a TES game - make it only High Elf, Redguard and Khajiit, maybe. Not that that'll ever happen.

Back
Top Bottom