Grandia II - Coming to Steam in HD

Having picked up the PC version in a charity shop about 2 years ago for a dollar or so, I can confirm it needed a bit of work to run on modern PCs. However, with a few downloads it seemed to work fine. The main problems were the videos (used for spell effects etc), but someone has re-encoded the broken files which sorted my problems.

I even had it running on my xbox controller for that "console RPG" feel.

I wonder what the differences will be. If it truly is a HD remake (improved assets or at least re-done videos etc) then I'd be very interested. However, I suspect it'll just be the original game with the fixed files from the web :(

Grandia 2 is a sweet game, for what it is worth. It touches on some really interesting stuff about the use of belief to control people, and how truths can be destorted by the "powers that be" for their own ends. As others have said, it has a nice battle system (Child of Light borrowed many aspects from it), and a great soundtrack. The presentation is fun, and it moves along quite quickly. It is lengthy, but doesn't dawdle in any one area for too long. I don't remember random battles, either (could be wrong), which I know people hated in older JRPGs.

Back
Top Bottom