Two Hours With Two Worlds II

I found something really dumb with this game for mages. It seems you become weaker overall if you increase the power of your spells. It seems you get much mroe powerful if you just increase intelligence. Because when you increse the spells power you increase its mana cost :/

Reading the Zuzzex forums the moderator has essentially admitted that most of the graphics features they are selling this game on are disabled atm due to bugs. No DX10/11 support right now whatsoever, no anisotropic, and no AA. This game doesn't have enough personality not to look its best, wait till they patch in the listed features.

It seems i was a bit hasty claiming the flaws in the game. There is a skill called battle clarity that makes the spells viable at higher spell costs if you skill it as it reduces the maan cost of spells.

Is there actually anything in the savannah at all? Other than the couple of specific quests (get the inkwell, for example) I haven't actually discovered anything interesting. I found TW empty and this is improved but still seems (very early - could change) to lack the density I would like.

The first region is quite huge, lots of quests but also quite linear (for an open-world RPG). I'm 10+ hours in and i dont think im close to be able to leave the region.

Overall its quite fun, but not amazing.. getting a bit tired of this region. The balancing is also quite bad, but i guess its expected in a game that doesnt even have a level cap.

Reading the Zuzzex forums the moderator has essentially admitted that most of the graphics features they are selling this game on are disabled atm due to bugs. No DX10/11 support right now whatsoever, no anisotropic, and no AA. This game doesn't have enough personality not to look its best, wait till they patch in the listed features.

I don't like much about what I'm hearing about this game so far, and I'm glad that I wasn't planning on getting it anytime soon. Hopefully the devs will be as dedicated to patching it as they were with the first game.

Interesting — I find the design exceptional, and the implementation very poor. Quests, crafting, magic, mon-linearity, story and new fighting are quite good — weakened only by the overly high degree of handholding that is going on. But I have had a lot of crashes, and the basic engine (moving, jumping, antialiasing, excessive glow, etc) is so buggy it really detracts from the underlying game. The graphics are remarkably poor (AA, blur and overglow)

Anyone else seeing many crashes?? (As in … 5-6 per hour?)

Havent had a single crash, very stable. I dont find the movement or jumping buggy at all. AA isnt even in so i dont understand how its buggy or detracts from the game..

Interesting — I find the design exceptional, and the implementation very poor. Quests, crafting, magic, mon-linearity, story and new fighting are quite good — weakened only by the overly high degree of handholding that is going on. But I have had a lot of crashes, and the basic engine (moving, jumping, antialiasing, excessive glow, etc) is so buggy it really detracts from the underlying game. The graphics are remarkably poor (AA, blur and overglow)

Anyone else seeing many crashes?? (As in … 5-6 per hour?)

I did initially but it turned out to be a problem with windows. Got that fixed and haven't had any since. The further I get into the game, the more I like it. I'm really not seeing the hand holding at this point or balance issues for that matter. I'd like to them get AA working as I don't care much for the bluriness but other then that I don't have any major complaints at this point and I'm having quite a bit of fun.

I finished the arena at level 19 without dying once (ok except the last one where i had to constantly save/reload he's like 20x harder than anyone else you meet there, a bit lame). Finished it with melee even though i'm mainly a ranger with very few points put into strength. It can be a little bit challenging with 3-4 of those big ants attacking at once, but not much. Should've played on hard instead of medium i guess.

I did initially but it turned out to be a problem with windows. Got that fixed and haven't had any since.

What did you fix? On a high-end system that is very stable for all other games, this one has given me fits.

And I agree -- the more I play the more I like it. The design is excellent. But it seems I must be having a much more difficult technical time than most who have posted here. My graphics sould very different than other posts. I even went and loaded up Fallout NV and others to see if i had a system problem -- they were sharp and smooth.

I finished the arena at level 19 without dying once (ok except the last one where i had to constantly save/reload he's like 20x harder than anyone else you meet there, a bit lame). Finished it with melee even though i'm mainly a ranger with very few points put into strength. It can be a little bit challenging with 3-4 of those big ants attacking at once, but not much. Should've played on hard instead of medium i guess.

Is archery any good? i mean damage wise , distance of shot , how many arrows you can fire and remain unseen etc . Is the environment friendly for archers ?

Range has been pretty godly so far, my mage is dead really fast if I screw up, but typically nothing gets near me before death. I'd assume archery would be the same, if not better.

Archery is quite powerfull.. especially when loading multiple arrows. I had to use archery to kill the last combatant in the Arena, because close combat was impossible (dead in 1-2 hits and very hard to be quick enough to use a potion).

Someone at the offical forums claims he finished the game only 20 hours in and at level 41, doings all/most quests, he says the game is quite empty (except for the first region) sounds very disapointing, if true.

I don't care. I can't use both Direktx versions anyway.

Yeah i read that too, pretty disturbing

Seems like its BS though.. the game has 200 quests, thats quite many. He probably didnt do "most quests" like he say, probably just the main story and maybe a few side quests.. But we'll see i guess..

well I dont trust him. At first he says he explored tons and did most quests.. when i (mkultra) confront him he changes his mind and says "Didnt say finished all the game. Just got through the main quest line without to much trouble". But yeah if its empty it would suck, also sounds really strange that he found the mobs very low level on the other islands, so low they didnt give him xp. Nahhh.. that'd be retarded.

I posted that he should show us a screenshot of his map.. i bet there are a lot of blank areas ;)

Is there actually anything in the savannah at all? Other than the couple of specific quests (get the inkwell, for example) I haven't actually discovered anything interesting. I found TW empty and this is improved but still seems (very early - could change) to lack the density I would like.
That's a weaker design choice IMO - yes there are a number of quests in that area, but those beasts/openable doors etc only spawn when you actually pick up the quest. The quests are quite nice little outings, but it would be more rewarding of exploration if you could come across them without having to trigger them in a later stage.

Otherwise I'd say I've had a crash every 4 hours or so. Very interested to hear about the graphic options being bugged - I thought that might be the case. I'd really like a slider for the low/high detail transition distance. The nuclear HDR I am used to from Risen :)

Still enjoying it - like the quests, interested in exploring the game systems, was a bit disappointed in the savannah until I discovered the answer to Dhruin's question myself… looking forward to getting back to it :)

Last edited:
What did you fix? On a high-end system that is very stable for all other games, this one has given me fits.

Lots of people seems to have problem with the latest version of PhysX that come with video cards drivers. Installing the one in the Two Worlds 2 install solve the problem, downloading the standalone version on Nvidia website work as well.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest PhysX and I have no problems, but I haven't played for more than 2 hours in one go.

Back
Top Bottom