Arcania - German Release Date, Production Costs

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I'm recovering from food poisoning - which is a wretched thing - so my apologies for any news items sent to me personally that haven't been actioned. I'll be trying to catch up over the next couple of days but I doubt I can sustain much at this point.
Anyway, Jadabu spotted this interesting item at PC Games.de. According to the (German) article, JoWood CEO Franz Rossler in an interview nominated October 12th as their target release date for Arcania (presumably for German versions). He also revealed the production cost of six million Euro.
More information.

Do we know any other EuroRPG production costs to compare?

Venetica cost ca. 1M€ per platform and actually came in slightly under budget.

Drakensang was somewhere in the 2.5M to 4.5M EUR range, depending of who you ask.

The originally budgeted 3.4M€ for Arcania (see the newsbit 3 years ago) on 2 platforms was dirt cheap for such a game, according to a publisher contact who shall remain anonymous. Now it's 6M€ for 3 platforms.
6M + marketing, etc. means they'll need 300-500k full price sales to break even.

A routine AAA game like the one for the latest Terminator movie, financed by the same group of funds, cost ca. 15M$ on 3 platforms. NWN 2 (also same group of funds) cost, AFAIR, 8M$ for PC. I didn't find the old source though.

The Witcher also cost ca. 7-8M$.

Ouch, good luck Dhruin.

Good recovery, Dhruin !

I think it's safe to assume that JoWooD aims higher than any of the Gothics or Risen.I don't think another platform raises the cost that much.
They probably can't afford another bugfest so I'm optimistic about its state on the release date.

Get well soon,Dhruin

May you recover soon Dhruin.

Dhruin, I cast a recovery-spell on you:

Waise%20heill.png

Back
Top Bottom