Blackguards 2 - Official Teaser Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Daedalic Entertainment released the first trailer for Blackguards 2 earlier today.

Our Blackguards are back – better than ever before!

We listened carefully to all the community- and press-feedback on the games’ successful first appearance to make the second one even better.

Blackguards 2 will again be based on the RPG rulebook of The Dark Eye, but it will come along with some revisions, optimisations and simplifications. The gameplay will focus on turn-based battles once more and will now feature fraction-based gameplay-elements where you can can recapture the enemies’ territories.

If not in a battle, you have to take care of a lot of quests and the development of your characters. As common in RPGs, the quests will offer optional and alternative plotlines.

Furthermore, Blackguards 2 will have new weapons, armour, enemies and stamina as additional battle resource.

On top of that, Blackguards 2 will involve mechanics that have been requested by the community of the first game, like improved line of sight, cover and formation.

Blackguards 2 is planned to be released in early 2015.

http://www.blackguards-game.com/
http://www.blackguards2.com/
More information.

Enhanced or more of the same, the game is instabuy for me.
I loved the challenge.

Remember: When a German says "fraction" he really means "faction". The German word for "faction" is "Fraktion". ;)

I'm still undecided. I'm in chapter 3 of bg 1 (not to be confused with the other bg); and will wait till i finish before deciding. The game has some high pionts but also some low points (and not being able to rotate is annoying on some of the maps). I do wish it was a bit more 'open exploration' but not every game can be like that.

Remember: When a German says "fraction" he really means "faction". The German word for "faction" is "Fraktion". ;)

some more false friends

prägnant is not pregnant
sensibel is not sensible
spenden is not to spend
die Sense is not sense
aktuell is not actually
eventuell is not eventually

I can only hope this series will come to fill the void left by Chaos Chronicles… turn-based tactical combat with hex battle mats and beautiful graphics. Wish they could obtain those CC assets as well.

I can only hope this series will come to fill the void left by Chaos Chronicles… turn-based tactical combat with hex battle mats and beautiful graphics.
I don't think so. With Blackguards 2 the series is even more moving towards a strategy game. CC, for all that was known, would have been a classical CRPG.

I hope they don't make it too casual/easy becasue of all the difficulty complaints about the previous game.
What they said to me was that they made it less complicated but more complex.

Back
Top Bottom