Dragon Age - On the E3 Stage Video

Bioware have released the system requirements.

Windows XP Minimum Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater
AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
RAM: 1GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Windows Vista Minimum Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater
RAM: 1.5 GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Recommended Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Oh my God! That was just awfull --- not Ray and Greg - but the presenter....

Looking at the 20GB hard disk space required to play DA: Origins, I wonder whu this is? Have the games of today suddenly developed a delusion of grandeur? I remember a time when games only needed 2GB of HDD space were considered huge.....

Anyway, it looks like it is time for a new computer...

Looking at the 20GB hard disk space required to play DA: Origins, I wonder whu this is?

Things like normal and specular maps are multiplying the number of textures needed. Where before you'd have 1 now you have 2-4 etc.

I don´t care what everyone says, the presenter was completely hilarious.

Paul Barnett, not really a designer, more of a shill mixed with total contempt for his audience. If you can't see that, then perhaps you are young enough to appreciate that kind of thing.

Strange, I remember him working on Warhammer Online as a designer, sure he spices everything with his english humor, but contempt for the audience? No, wait it's E3. No wonder about the contempt now.

Looking at the 20GB hard disk space required to play DA: Origins, I wonder whu this is? Have the games of today suddenly developed a delusion of grandeur? I remember a time when games only needed 2GB of HDD space were considered huge.....

Anyway, it looks like it is time for a new computer...

Hehe, remember Wing Commander II and its...gosh, 12 (or 14?) floppy disks, for a whopping 20MB of disk space? And let's not mention Amiga's The Adventures of Willy Beamish, with endless disk swapping for those of us not with a Hard Drive...

Really? I thought they did a pretty good job of scaling to his level.

Hehe, remember Wing Commander II and its...gosh, 12 (or 14?) floppy disks, for a whopping 20MB of disk space? And let's not mention Amiga's The Adventures of Willy Beamish, with endless disk swapping for those of us not with a Hard Drive...

Bah, I remember the excruciating wait as the latest release of NetHack was downloading. All 900 kB of it.

Funny anecdote, when Pool of Radiance came out (first AD&D game and I was hooked on AD&D at the time) it required HD or 2 floppy drives. I didn't have either in my computer, but I wanted to play, so I ran it with only 1 floppy drive and I had to swap disks like 30 times in a row sometimes... but I was playing dammit!

Back
Top Bottom