Witcher 3 The 1.07 patch will be bigger than the 1.05 patch; should please a lot of people

The Witcher 3

Thaurin

SasqWatch
Some small hints at what is coming with the next patch has been shared by Marcin Momot.
Marcin Momot said:
Yes. We are working on it. No hold up. The update is quire large so everything needs to be tested properly.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

I won’t get into super details here but something is in the works and it should please a lot of people.

It could be something related to the inventory system, but he could not comment on whether it will be a storage box, more categories, better sorting options, or something else.

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-patch-107-bigger-105-coming-lot-people/

Last edited:
Storage is totally unnecessary in this game and would rended saddlebags useless. They could just add +200 saddlebag for hoarders which would sort their issue.

Sorting needs an improvement, but it's more of a quickfix, not something big.

I have to suspect that the patch huge content is actually ModKit.

I agree that storage is for hoarders and I never felt a need for one. Most of the heavy loot is only for sale and ingredients weight next to nothing so (IMO) sorting is indeed much more necessary than storage. But YEAH! Releasing RedKit2 would be a terrific!

I didn't even know people were asking about storage, but apparently some are. Maybe it's a graphics upgrade to the old renderer at improved performance. ;)

People were asking for a storage since the day the game was released. When you start playing if looting everything and selling nothing you'll pass the max weight pretty soon, but you're still unaware of saddlebags bonus and useleness of stuff like special bolts. That's why. ;)

e65388eb4b6ef3f19a8ff648dafe5675.jpg

I freely admit I am one of those people that saves a potion in case things get difficult. I end up finishing the game with 3,500 potions.

Sou you saved all perma pots you looted in Gothic "for later"?
Man, even I wasn't that crazy! :p

Good news...but they still have a long way to go.
Glitches, Controls, Roche, Inventory, rebalance of loot, skills and enemy levels, AI,,,etc, etc..
I've never done any real modding before...aside from a couple of nudity mods, of course:p...but I'll definitely try Redkit when it comes out.

Good news…but they still have a long way to go.
Glitches, Controls, Roche, Inventory, rebalance of loot, skills and enemy levels, AI,,,etc, etc.

Roche? Rebalance of loot?? Skills??? Enemy levels???? AI????? Etc.??????

You don't think that Roche's AI is oversensitive to obstacles? I like the idea with what they tried to do...to make it "feel" like it's a living being with a mind of it's own, unlike Skyrim's horsecar, but half the time she seems completely crazy.
Human AI is, let's be honest, very poor. I don't agree with Mack's Worth a buy review of combat you'll see on youtube( handpicked the worst aspects of the game, only to prove his point) but he's dead on right when it comes to fighting human opponents. They freeze in the middle of combat, telegraph their attacks from a mile away, etc..etc.
AI simply needs to be faster and more agressive, in my opinion, to bring out the best of this type of combat. I would really like to see added extra difficulty strictly through AI improvements.
Witcher gear is completely overpowered in comparison with anything else you may find and a lot of times you'll find it useless and well below your level. Not as bad as DA Inquisition, but it doesn't feel as rewarding as in Gothic I/II.
And past level 15, even on Death March, you'll simply breeze through majority of encounters. Quen is still pretty damn overpowered as is Igni , mutagens, stunlocking your opponents, overpowered blocking, etc..etc...

Aside from a few slips in storytelling, overall the "meat" of this game is simply amazing, perhaps the best I've ever played, but a lot of things need refining.
Whoever had the balls to make the call and delay it twice, deserves a medal...Wild Hunt could have easily turned into a disaster otherwise.

Your horse's name is Roach not Roche. :)

I agree about the gear though. It's the same problem I have with loot in TW3 in general. There's too much of it, and it's just not as satisfying as in games like Gothic, etc.

I think all those complaints while valid are very minor in my eyes. I guess I am used to mediocre AI, and horse controls. The floaty Geralt motion controls are much more annoying to me than anything on your list... Although, I have to agree that the loot is rather boring once you start crafting your own witcher gear.

By the bye... did anybody find any use for crow skull and monocle/burned papers?

I think all those complaints while valid are very minor in my eyes. I guess I am used to mediocre AI, and horse controls. The floaty Geralt motion controls are much more annoying to me than anything on your list… Although, I have to agree that the loot is rather boring once you start crafting your own witcher gear.

If this was an average, "play it, then forget it" type of game, I would understand how something like controls and Inventory turned out. But you can see they've put everything they've got into this...It's simply baffling how they could be so meticulous with so many details in the game, only to overlook the basic aspects of the game.

For you those are basic aspects of the game but for many of us here those are details of only marginal significance.

Back
Top Bottom