Font size

Capt. Huggy Face

Troll Aspiring to Responsibility
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Anyone know of a way to increase the text size in the game?

I surfed around and didn't see any mods to that effect. Perhaps I missed it, but I also looked through all of the .ini files and didn't see it.

Any help would be appreciated. The monkey's tired of squinting. :p

The text that comes up at the top when someone is communicating with you is pretty much impossible to read because the font is so small.

I guess it's probably an issue with it not scaling with screen size.

What resolution you use?
For example, on my 1280x1024 screen it looks fine.

Yeah, I have trouble with the box that pops up in the upper left in particular but also the main dialogue box. I have a vision problem that isn't correctable with glasses, so I have a good bit more trouble than the average person.

I'm running at 800x600, if I recall correctly.

I've had a quick go at increasing the dialog font size, download a mod for it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YOBIPA6O

To install, just extract the .rar into the game directory, it will create a directory called <game directory>/UI/PC/Travel/, and put a file called Scheme.xml in there.

To un-install just delete Scheme.xml.

I've doubled the font size which required the dialog box itself to be enlarged too. It looks OK to me but may look nasty with other resolutions, so I've put some tags into Scheme.xml if you need to tweak it yourself, search for:

<!— Dialog Font Size
<!— Dialog Box Size
<!— Dialog ListBox Position
<!— Dialog ListBox Size

You can alter the radio messages size in this file too I noticed, search for:

<!— Radio —>

And use the changes I made for the dialogs as an example.

Attachments

• new-1.jpg
    new-1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Thanks so much. This is going to increase my enjoyment of this fun game by a metric arseload. :party2:

You are, indeed, a badmofo.

Do you know if this mod works for Xenus II: White Gold also, since the engines for the two games seem identical?

Edit: I just tried it in White Gold, since all the folders seemed the same and your mod is so easy to uninstall. It didn't appear to have any effect on White Gold.

Last edited:
Works like a charm. Thanks much, man. This is extraordinarily helpful to me. Props, Mofo.

Apologies for bumping this, but...

badmofo, I'd love to get ahold of the Precursors font size fix you posted, but the link is dead. I actually used the WG file posted below it (which is still active), and made it sort of work in Precursors by editing it to increase the dialog font size, but it messed up the HUD and minimap in Precursors. No minimap in that game makes it almost impossible to play.

Any chance to get the Precursors dialog font size scheme file again?

You know what, mofo? I have to get up early tomorrow for a root canal. But you just made it all OK. Cheers!

My pleasure, and you know what? I've just spent ~12 hours doing battle with my 3 year old and your post just cheered me up no end, so cheers to you too!

Thanks so much for this font size fix.

I have just finished Boiling Point and I am interested in playing The Precursors. The small font in certain dialogs make it unplayable for my old eyes. I have tweaked the radio dialog in the scheme.xml file located in the <game directory>/UI/PC/Travel/ folder. Twice the size was a bit too much, so I aimed for 150% of the original.

I did the same for the notepad in the 'other' scheme.xml file located in <game directory>/UI/PC/Control/ folder.

I would appreciate some assistance in locating the help/tutorial dialogs. Maybe I overlooked something, but I couldn't find the proper place in both scheme.xml files.

Back
Top Bottom