Champions Online - Power Armor Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A video showing the use of power armor in Champions Online appeared on IGN.
Every Champion has their tools; some call on magic, while others use sheer strength. But not every hero calls on extradimensional energies, or relies on genetic advantages for their talents.
There are those that enhance themselves through technology, making themselves better, faster, stronger, -- with shoulder cannons, eye beams, and wrist blasters. These are the Champions who wear armor instead of tights. They are iron and fire, forged to protect the innocent from death and darkness. They are power.
More information.

Hmmm. I don't know much about Champions Online, but this trailer feels way more like sci-fi than superhero-y. Who indeed will bother running around in tights when there's the option to be made of shiny metal with a big gun sticking out of your shoulder going all choom, choom, choom? I think the devs are torpedoing their aesthetic. Turn back before it's too late!!!

Hmmm. I don't know much about Champions Online, but this trailer feels way more like sci-fi than superhero-y. Who indeed will bother running around in tights when there's the option to be made of shiny metal with a big gun sticking out of your shoulder going all choom, choom, choom? I think the devs are torpedoing their aesthetic. Turn back before it's too late!!!

I think City of Heroes did it just fine... NO LOOT! if you wanted to have a cybertronic eyepatch, make it part of your costume. That's why I smirk when people complain about lack of appearance customizations in games where you stop looking at your body as soon as you wear that first piece of leather armor and helmet from the last rat you killed... it doesn't matter!

Back
Top Bottom