NWN2 Remaining Camera issues?

Neverwinter Nights 2

Acleacius

SasqWatch
I have read Character Mode is nice, except that now when your trying to view the surrounding area, i.e. moving the mouse to the edges of the screen the camera Snaps back behind the player instead of waiting till you move again to Snap Back.

This would get very annoying, is this true or is there a way to disable the Snap Back, while standing still?

Thanks. :)

Uncheck "Camera follows when turning in place".

I've never had that problem unless the 'Camera Follows When Turning In Place' is option switched on.

It being on *wasn't* the default for me -- at least I don't think it was -- after I installed MotB. Maybe it carries forward some of the original camera settings from before you install? It's the sort of thing I would have turned off for the original NWN2 too.

Ok, thanks. :)
It did happen to me, before I patched the game and stoped once patched.
I can only guess it was something that got fixed, since others mentioned it during the first week.

I decided to move my recent post here so at least issues with the camera might be in the same thread, I didn't realize anyone had responded here. :)
______
I have read tons of complaints last week and posted in Watch forums asking about it, with no responses and decided to pick it up anyway Friday.

I am having constant problems with the camera and can't remember it's position, constantly reseting the Zoom in/out distance on each level change.

Next no matter how low I adjust the Speed of Turning on Edge of screen Mousing it's still way to fast, so I can't move it just a little to SEE were I want to see and forced to constantly fight the camera.

Additionally, I seem to remember there was away to allow you to Zoom out farther than the standard settings but I can't seem to find it or it was removed.

It maybe just me but it's much harder for me to enjoy a great story if I am constantly being pulled out of the GW into RL to screw around with techincal problems, too bad. :(
_______

I got my copy yesterday and hadn't played fifteen minutes before I was cussing a blue streak(as we say here in Okyland) at the stupid camera--worse even than it was before in NWN2.

I got into the options menu and I couldn't believe the number of tabs and check boxes--like you're going to go through and experiment with that many options...anyway, Acleacius, I feel your pain( and my own.) I'll be going back in later and try to be more patient.
Surely with all those choices there's some way to see what the #@$^% is going on. :)

magerette
I was cussing a blue streak
Heh, I could hear you all the way down here in Austin, whew you sounded, pissed! ;)

We play 100s of games around here and never seen a game have the problems with a camera like NWN2, since it's original release and it's still screwed up, not just a little. :(

Surely with all those choices there's some way to see what the #@$^% is going on. :)

Try strategy view, camera centered on character (not near, centered), rotate when hits edge. Works for me (more or less).

Also, don't postpone getting the camera settings right for you just because you want to jump in -- it's worth the initial pain.

Don't worry, I'm not going to even try to play til I get the camera workable. It's bad enough trying to refresh my memory of the interface, all my spell set-up, etc since I haven't touched the game since last winter. Not having camera control on top of that newb feeling would be suicidal. :) I know it's worth it, though--had somewhat the same frustrations with the original, and after awhile they faded out as the game became more involving.

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions, Prime J. They worked. Now, if I can manage to stay alive for a bit longer, I'll be doing fine. :)

Last edited:
Well it's so bad in the sewer area of Chap 2, making it annoying playing this level so I am now going to have to ask for a spoiler in the correct section, so if you figure out how to fix this damn thing let me know. ;)

Try strategy view, camera centered on character (not near, centered), rotate when hits edge. Works for me (more or less).

Also, don't postpone getting the camera settings right for you just because you want to jump in -- it's worth the initial pain.

Absolutely agree.

I use the same settings, plus untick 'ceilings always off'. Gives me a very flexible, but manageable, camera. Very happy with it now, and would be playing it endlessly if a certain thing called The Witcher didn't just happen.

I agree--those are very workable settings.I also slowed the mouse scroll sensitivity down a bit with the slider since it was bit jerky, and the result was quite livable. Interior shots are the worst, as Acleacius says, but the scroll speed helped with that.

I need to get playing so I'll be free for the Witcher when it finally gets over here. ;)

According to the manual, there's an option in Strategy Mode for the camera to stay behind the character - I assume it swings the camera around when you change direction or something. I just don't have that option - is my interface messed up?

Back
Top Bottom