Gothic 3 Patch 1.7 help for a noob

baluba

Traveler
Please can someone tell me, if I put the 1.7 patch complete of hotfix after I can play ny savings or I have to start a new game? Should I save them outside while installing the patch? I read many threads but don't understand much of them, so I have to ask cuz if I have to restart a new game better now then later on...
Thanks in advance
baluba

You need either CP 1.7 plus the small hotfix or the complete file including the hotfix.
You should start a new game. Also read the manual for the Community Patch. It's in your Gothic 3 directory. You have to make a decision before you start the game.

No manual

sorry but I've got the downloaded version and, after installing, there is no manual in all directories... I downloaded a manual but I presume has been done before the patch, as there is no hint of any patch nor hotfix...
But the most important thing is to decide if thrown away days of play (and already I have to repeat all I've done in the demo once) or go on like this and try another time... What would you advise? I'm lvl 12 with a firesword and 7 quests done...
Thnx vm!

Download and install patch 1.72 .
You'll lose all your progress but the patch is worth it.

sorry but I've got the downloaded version and, after installing, there is no manual in all directories... I downloaded a manual but I presume has been done before the patch, as there is no hint of any patch nor hotfix...
But the most important thing is to decide if thrown away days of play (and already I have to repeat all I've done in the demo once) or go on like this and try another time... What would you advise? I'm lvl 12 with a firesword and 7 quests done...
Thnx vm!

The manual of CP 1.72 is automatically unpacked into your Gothic 3 directory when you install the patch.

Back
Top Bottom