Risen Risen - available at all in Australia

Furnok

Watcher
Hi All

Longtime reader/visitor, finally got around to registering. /wave

Was wondering if any Aussies have managed to get a hold of Risen. I've looked about and nobody has it - and Steam and Direct2Drive don't allow it. Anyone had any luck?

- F

Hi!

It cannot be available at retail because classification has been refused. But this is the first time I hear that it can't be downloaded.

What you always can do is import it from the UK. Should even save you money compared to AU retail.

GamersGate, as per the above post (they are often quite slow, though).

Game.co.uk - it cost me AUD$55 (inc freight) to get it from the UK and around 6 days - much cheaper than any local retailer would be and it didn't take too long. In fact, I use GAME whenever I don't use Steam.

Dragon Age will probably be the first game I buy at local retail in years.

Ditto as for Dhruin above. More than worth the price.

Where are they based then?

Europe or Asia I think. I'm not entirely certain - I've never looked at where the packages are shipped from. I do no they have different sites for a bunch of different countries.

Mighty Ape in NZ has it, probably the cheapest option if you have to buy it from outside Ozzy.

It's a good webstore that I thoroughly recommend. We get a lot of uncencored stuff that is usually cencored in Ozzy, so if you'd like to breathe the air of freedom and tell the Man where he can stick his cencorship then buy from them.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz

GamersGate, as per the above post (they are often quite slow, though).

They have slow downloads for you guys? Good to know - I have never had issues with them, so now when asked that question I can respond with added info.

Hello - a relevant question on the topic:

Have any Australians picked up a copy of the Risen Collector's Edition? And if so, where from?

I was just wondering where the best opportunities might be to pick it up other than Ebay (which seems to only have the German version). A kind chap from the World of Risen website recommended that I try to find it somewhere in Italy, as in Gamestop.

Any other ideas?
Cheers
Rob

The western european releases of Risen (standard and collectors edition) are multilingual. You can chose between German, English and French language. Italian and Spanish only with subtitles.

Only the standard UK version is English only.

An English collectors edition doesn't exist to my knowledge.

The Risen game manual of the German collectors edition is written in German of cause.

You can download the english manual legally on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/40300/

-> click on view the manual

I just wanted to round off my question in the thread by detailing how I finally managed to get a hold of a Collector's Edition.

Basically I just asked the question to a UK store linked via the Deep Silver website.
A kind fellow got back to me with some links from sellers on ebay.de and it was as easy as that. :)

Really beautiful package (the poster looks great in plastic on my wall) though I was mildly paranoid that it might be held back by customs as contraband! :D

Availability: Mostly Germany and Italy, yes.

But as HiddenX says, the game itself is multi-lingual.

More info on the package itself:

The box blurb is all in German, as is the manual. (Google translate would be my friend, should I need it…) It also came with a neat dust cover…
Three stickers, a booklet with the concept arts from the game, a lovely little scroll map of the island, A comic book (in German), and a making of dvd (that has english subtitles.) A huge double sided poster - one that has developer signatures.

All in all, a great old-school feel to the package and very much worth it. It was the least I could do to say thanks for the experience. :)

Yesterday I've seen a few Risen CEs, each one for 40 Euros.
4 or 5 specimens. (I don't like using the word "copy" ... I think "unit" would be better, perhaps ...)

Back
Top Bottom