11 days to Grimoire release. Yay.

Well, I guess somewhere in the Pacific it's still March right now ;-)

This proves he made a typo, no? It was March 2100 instead of March 2010

Here is the download link for Grimoire:

http://www.grimoiresystems.com/grim.zip
APRIL 1st..

Cool! Game absolutely rocks! Speedrun in 13 minutes!

Corwin, can't you just upload the beta and be done with it? I mean, look at what Blakemore posted here:http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=42530&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

The man is just full of shit and the game is never coming out.

Well, he could, but most likely he signed an agreement not to. Which means if he did, Cleve could sue his arse for everything he owns for breach of contract AND illegal software distribution (aka piracy).

He might be full of shit, and the game may never come out (or even exist). But it is still his game (especially if he actually made it) and his right to release or not to release.

Haha azraelck you question if the game exists and yet make referance to the beta corwin has....talk about contradictions...

LOL, yep. Well, as far as I know, Corwin is the only one whose had a BETA (bound to be more, surely, but I don't know them off hand). I don't see him lying about it, so it probably does exist.

But a working, up to date copy that's been fully tested and ready for release likely does not exist. Heck, I think I first heard of Grimoire back in the Win2000 days; there's been at least 3 versions of Windows (one of which was designed to make sure nothing worked in it, so that people would be forced to upgrade their software as well as their OS) since I've heard of it (WinME does not count).

And it's all a moot point, because it will never be released.

Well, as far as I know, Corwin is the only one whose had a BETA (bound to be more, surely, but I don't know them off hand). I don't see him lying about it, so it probably does exist.

A while ago, an old DOS-based BETA leaked to the public. I could download it, and played a few minutes. Was an appealing experience for a veteran from Wizardry 7. So there definitely *IS* a BETA.

I wonder if Corwin has played the same or a newer (Windows-based) version. Care to enlighten us, young man? :)

Well, when I heard about it, DOS had long since been relegated to business OS instead of PC/Gaming OS (My last job used DrDOS 3.0, and where my bro works, they use Commodore Business Machines' 128k computer. Fancy stuff ;). So I assumed it was a Win95/98 based setup.

DOSBox FTW!

Remembering the infromation from RPGDOT the Demo was DOS Only, I don't think there will be a Windows Build.

I'm pretty positive there is a windows build.

Yes, there is a beta build that played in windows that Corwin and I (along with about a dozen others) have tested/played.

Oh ye of little faith. Here's the result of a quickstart. And no, I won't go any further because the beta crew did have an agreement with Cleve.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 109
It exists, but it won't play properly in Vista; crashes after a few minutes with a windoze error message and it refuses to load in any 64 bit OS. Will play fine in XP 32 bit.

Oh ye of little faith. Here's the result of a quickstart. And no, I won't go any further because the beta crew did have an agreement with Cleve.
Damn, that looks pretty good. *sigh*

Ah Shags, if you just moved across the little pond to Oz you could see it in all its glory!! :)

Back
Top Bottom