Dragon Age 2 - v1.03 Patch Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has released the expected v1.03 patch for Dragon Age 2. A snip from the patch notes:
GAMEPLAY
- In many fights, enemies now move less quickly at the start of combat. This slower initial pace makes tactical positioning more useful and important.
- If the force of an enemy attack interrupts a party member's current action, the party member now resumes the action once he or she has recovered. This means, for example, that party members who have been instructed to consume a health potion will now do so as soon as they are able, and do not need to be told to consume a health potion again if they are interrupted.
- Enemies are now much less likely to explode into body parts upon death.
- Attacks that hit a stealthed assassin are now more likely to disrupt stealth.
- Abilities that apply a silence effect now also cancel the target's current action in addition to preventing the target from using further abilities.
- When an enemy wakes from a sleep effect due to suffering damage, other status effects that were applied by the same ability that caused the sleep effect are no longer removed at the same time.
- Items that bear the property "100% of basic attack damage vs. enemies that attack in melee" no longer harm the user when equipped in conjunction with abilities like Blood Magic or Sacrificial Frenzy that reduce the user's health.
More information.

A late patch like this after the game stopped selling(and being played) can only mean they're about to announce something they wanna sell. Either some quest dlc/expansion or DA3.

DA3 has been announce, so proberly a DLC. I look forward to a second playthrough, but only after I have finish the much better Witcher 2.

I actually played through half of the game thinking i was goin to replay it.
Guess what..

I'd love for people to report back on the specifics of the combat changes. As in, do they change the flow of combat significantly enough to warrant a retry? I tried the combat, and I hated it with a passion because of the wave design that utterly nullified deliberate and careful placement, as well as overall tactical approach.

So enemies move less quickly but are still spawning out of nowhere?
And they won't explode into body parts often...
Man... Who really needs this patch?

I'm so glad I didn't play this game. Reading these patch notes really makes me wonder how it ever got through beta testing with so many obvious "WTF!?" issues.

Laidlaw said in a forum post that enemies exploding was due to a bug that they've tracked down; apparantly, the exploding of enemies were supposed to happen only after getting a critical hit in…

Pretty much what was happening too, I had way more exploding enemies when playing a Rogue (which have high level of crits) than a Mage in the version 1 of the game.

LOL
true.

I want exploding enemies and thus I'll never install this patch, definetly. Sorry Bioware, but removing one rare fun aspect from the game... Big no no.

Who thinks Mike and hes team can fix the game hands up !

Sorry i couldnt resist :D

Back
Top Bottom