Playstation 4

it's not as bad, problem is basically Amazon reviews make it look like it's really pandemic, when it's more of those who got it fine didn't feel like going in to Amazon and post a review, while if the one you got was broken, you do want to cry out to the world.

I think the problem is we don't know yet ... When RROD started there were loads of people saying things exactly like you, and we know the reality ... So we will have to wait. Bug we know it is real, and it is significant enough that Sony is taking it seriously.

I saw on the new the other day that Sony was saying it was 4000 affected units so far. Not bad considering the amount shipped, unless of course your one of those 4000.

Be warned that you cannot currently do media streaming with ps4. It might get enabled in a future firmware though from Sony to get feature parity with xbox.

Be warned that you cannot currently do media streaming with ps4. It might get enabled in a future firmware though from Sony to get feature parity with xbox.

yes I read somewhere that Sony said it was coming in an update 'soon'.

So far, the best thing I've done with the PS4 is use its included 1 free month of Playstation Plus to download Dragon's Dogma in my PS3 :)
It's the problem with us RPGers, usually the focus on consoles is for shooters, with RPGs taking a lot more time to develop, so they start popping out like months after a new console is released.

I'm starting to see reports that the Xbox One is having it's own share of issues. Apparently quite a few people are having problems with faulty disc drives.

I'm starting to see reports that the Xbox One is having it's own share of issues. Apparently quite a few people are having problems with faulty disc drives.

Apparently the faulty drives sound horrible. Ph yeah and obviously the real issue is that if the drive is doing this, it's also not spinning up and reading discs.

Yay for early adopters, courageously funding and performing product testing for the rest of us since 1817.

I haven't decided yet which console I should get. IMO the combination of Kinect2 and a VR Goggle like Oculus Rift could be the innovation everybody is looking for so desperately. Oculus alone is really nice. I already tested it. But with Kinect2 you would be able to transfer your body movement to your avatar as well. That would be great!

I've added the XBox One to the title of this thread. Been meaning to update it but got busy with the launch of Wizard's Grave.
--
I wasn't aware that XB1 was an x86 system either until a few weeks back. Sporting two Quad Core AMD processors, but off course, sharing the the 8gb installed RAM with the GPU. It doesn't appear to be a SoC either.

With the end of the contract with IBM this marks the death at retail it seems of the 6x series first started by Motorola in the 70's with the Apple computer.

I haven't decided yet which console I should get. IMO the combination of Kinect2 and a VR Goggle like Oculus Rift could be the innovation everybody is looking for so desperately. Oculus alone is really nice. I already tested it. But with Kinect2 you would be able to transfer your body movement to your avatar as well. That would be great!

I hope it doesn't become a thing. I play from the comfort of my bed, and if I have to start waving my arms and shaking my hips to play my RPGs... it's not gonna happen.

I still think that Xbone would be the better choice for me. I believe that the comnbination of Kinect 2 and a VR Goggle like Oculus Rift will be the next big innovation in gameplay. AND I want to play Titanfall! XD Therefore I think I will go for a XBONE. But I haven't decided so far.

I still haven't used my PS4, but I have used the PS+ subscription it came with, just got Borderlands 2 for free yesterday, Defiance for $2.50, finished Dragon's Dogma I got free last month. There were other good games for free (Grid 2 and some shooter or something, plus ICO and Shadow of the Colossus from PS2 era). There are a couple of free games for the PS4 too but they're not my type (some platformer and an arcade game I think). I just need to wait now for when RPGs start releasing for the PS4, they usually take longer to appear.

I still think that Xbone would be the better choice for me. I believe that the comnbination of Kinect 2 and a VR Goggle like Oculus Rift will be the next big innovation in gameplay. AND I want to play Titanfall! XD Therefore I think I will go for a XBONE. But I haven't decided so far.

If you think that VR and Kinect 2 will be the next best thing, I suggest waiting for the Scorpio. VR is awful at 1080p resolutions, with the Scorpio you can get up to 2x the resolution in both directions. I am hoping it does reach 4k CR because other wise it is really blurry.

Also I should point out that games on consoles are designed to be 100% optimized. The equivalent PC would be over 9 TFLOPS or more to be comparable because of in efficiencies in normal high end pc setups and the fact games are optimized after the are made meaning they are optimized less than when you have the goal of optimizing at the start.

Back
Top Bottom