Original Sin - Something Coming Our Way

There's nothing TO bundle in a game-of-the-year edition. Yet.

I'm all for whatever it is they are doing as long as it has Belligar in it.

Hope its one of the two new games coming off the engine and not just DLC.

I hope it's related to the promised content update for the main game. I've been waiting for that patch for some time now.

I played about 45% of the game and then lost interest. The combat was always fun, and exploring the first city was great, but then there was only the village after that. Way too much loot, not enough interactivity.

Not enough of an Ultima feel that was originally singled out as their approach.

It's a terrible idea to still develop a game some months or even a year after release. Just fix all the bugs and let it go.
Yep, sure would be nice to actually be able to play a fully completed game on release again like in the old days, instead of having to wait a year or two for all the features to be added in and DLC to be released.

I hope it's related to the promised content update for the main game. I've been waiting for that patch for some time now.

I share that sentiment. But really, I'll take any new stuff for the game I can get.
DLC is fine too, or, God forbid, maybe a full fledged expansion. :)

I played about 45% of the game and then lost interest. The combat was always fun, and exploring the first city was great, but then there was only the village after that. Way too much loot, not enough interactivity.

Not enough of an Ultima feel that was originally singled out as their approach.
I also stopped in second village. Started playing IWDEE and never went back (after waiting some time for D:OS patches first).

Is there some way to get around random loot in this game? With mods?

It's a terrible idea to still develop a game some months or even a year after release. Just fix all the bugs and let it go.
Not sure I understand why it is a bad idea. Larian Studios have a history of updating their games long after they were originally released and you get the updates for free too.

:biggrin:
Not sure I understand why it is a bad idea. Larian Studios have a history of updating their games long after they were originally released and you get the updates for free too.

I like to play a game ideally when its released. There is so much buzz around the game at release time and its nice to be part of that and get carried away! The buzz can automatically add +4 to the game's review score! However I also like to get the complete experience in a single play though as well, so if they keep on changing the game a lot then these two goals are in conflict and I find that annoying :)

I don't blame Larian for improving their products, it just that I wish they do it before release so I can be happy. Selfish I know! :lol:

We can't all be Fluent and generate our own buzz for every single game we play. Some of us need externally generated buzz to get into the mood for a game :p

Last edited:
The alternative is no improvements. You'd have to be a very strange person indeed, to prefer that.

I can't wait for more D:OS stuff, in any form it comes. To me it's the superior choice when put against PoE.

There are two main reasons:

1-It takes resources away that could be put toward a brand new project
2-It penalizes the most dedicated fans who play at release who will miss out on significant updates to the content because they don't have time to play it all over again

It used to be when you got an RPG that it would be done and would not change and the developers would only fix bugs. But now you don't know if the time you invest is going to be spent on something that will soon become obsolete, because developers use the Internet to implement increasingly crucial content some months later or even longer after. I think it's a cop out to know that you can always release patches later to add new content. See also how many studios abuse it to get money early while delivering incomplete games with the whole Early Access thing.

I loved this game from Day one, never ran into any issues with game play or bugs that stopped me from progressing forward in the game. I loved the upbeat feel to the game, turn base combat etc..

Not sure what could be coming out for it but I will happy if it was some expansion game.

Larian posted another tidbit on their instagram page. Obviously it is nothing helpful. Might also have nothing to do with Original Sin.

Back
Top Bottom