Witcher Question about Order of FR, Blacksmith, & Sigfried

The Witcher
Will do, thanks.

Oops, guess I should have been more clear the "turn in" is also on the same strict time limits as "initiation" on both quests.

Ohh, crap I almost forgot, (damn two weeks off from playing really effects the memory) there is one specific quest that does NOT carry over to chapter three, which you could reasonably suspect it would. Just the name spoiler
Spider Cult
, the actual location spoiler
sewers
and quest initiation
body of a Knight in the sewers in a nook, available the first time in the sewers till the end of chapter two, iirc

I think so, as my last attempt was to intentionally test this since I read, there was new info given in Chapter 3, but once I got to chapter 3 the quest disappeared. However I didn't test to see if I could still go inside, so maybe that could be the difference. I was trying to work out the lack of quest objective as the many attempts I tried to get the quest to update inside that area like killing everything, looting everything and trying to report the info to the FR had no effect on the quest, update.
I sort decided it was just bugged and gave up, I hope you had better luck. :)

Okay, I gave in and read this thread. I found the decayed knight that leads to a certain area in a certain place. I just went ahead and cleared the area while I was down there after dropping Sigfried off. Was that a no-no? It was kind of a pain because I only had a rusty sword and no potions, but I was able to win all the fights with group tactics and Aard. I really didn't find anything except a hoard of good alchemy stuff....

No it's perfectly fine afaik, Gratz on the fight wins. :)
Most wait till they get their good sword back from the Jailer which I do first, before I do anything, especially the Investigation. I wait till 11pm before I go to the Investigation, since it auto kicks you out at midnight and I emerge from the sewers after the Cocktrice early in the morning, I hated losing the whole day.

I wasn't wasting the money upgrading until I started finding fights I couldn't win without upgrading :) I still haven't upgraded but I did at least go grab my witcher sword instead of good ol' rusty for the Investigator's Surprise fight. My human strategy is to Aard the tough fighters and then coup de grace. I then switch to group mode and fight the lighter armored dudes. If a toughie gets close I Aard again as soon as possible. My toughest fights were always with Echinops till I learned that Igni has a greater range than the thorns :cm:

Again, good to know 'Cius... I found said person in said nook and recieved said quest, but haven't pursued yet. Figured it would be a tough fight just guessing. Will do that now before leaving the city...

I'm loving Witcher. This game is really well done. Once I've finished it the first time, I plan on going back through with the extended dialogue patch. I bought a second copy of the game so that I have both the NA and UK editions of the game.

So far, sadly you have to install the Polish dialogs to be able to have enough time to read the full dialogs, there seems no way to even pause and read. I am using the Optimized version and I am still losing much dialog cause I can't read it fast enough. Not to mention being force to Speed read like that takes you out of the gameworld, well it does for me anyway. Oh iirc you might have to add the Polish Voice Animations as well so the Lip Syncronation works.

Back
Top Bottom