Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes - Preview @ PC Gamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes - Review @ PC Gamer

PC Gamer is late with their review for Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. So if your still interested read on.

It’s a solid turn-based strategy game. You begin with a single hero, found your civilisation and employ strategies both aggressive and diplomatic to further your aspirations for world domination. Through expansion, subjugation and the wielding of grand magics, you move armies across the battlefield to kill wandering creatures, gather lost treasures, carry out quests and capture towns. These are familiar game mechanics, and though highly competent, Enchantress never really feels like it’s pushing the boundaries.

This standalone expansion passes the fun test in a way the previous games didn’t. Though it was inconsistent in presenting an engaging world, I still found myself deep in the just-one-more- turn mindset.
More information.

Last edited:
I know that this game is quit recent, but I'm surprised it doesn't receive more good press because it is a really interesting game, especialy if, like me, you are fan and long time (heavy) player of the Civilization saga.
Indeed, it's a kind of a less complex version of Civilization that takes place in an heroic fantasy world, and in which you have an extra RPG element.
Great combinaison to have fun when you want to change a bit from your traditional Civilization game.

I know that this game is quit recent, but I'm surprised it doesn't receive more good press because it is a really interesting game, especialy if, like me, you are fan and long time (heavy) player of the Civilization saga.
Indeed, it's a kind of a less complex version of Civilization that takes place in an heroic fantasy world, and in which you have an extra RPG element.
Great combinaison to have fun when you want to change a bit from your traditional Civilization game.
The game came out three months ago. It's just now getting a boxed release. So it's not new.:) And your right it's a good game.

I played the original broken one, enjoyed it a bit, but never got Fallen Enchantress (didn't get it for free as I purchased the game a few days after the 'free offer' day, and wasn't willing to pay more for the game. Maybe I'll buy this 3rd release when it goes on sale on Steam.

I played the original broken one, enjoyed it a bit, but never got Fallen Enchantress (didn't get it for free as I purchased the game a few days after the 'free offer' day, and wasn't willing to pay more for the game. Maybe I'll buy this 3rd release when it goes on sale on Steam.

If you weren't quite a first adopter but still got it early on, like me, you get a discount on Fallen Enchantress. Check your price on Steam. The fairly early birds have a regular price of 50% off, which I think is $20 at full price. Not sure how that works during Steam's sales.

FELH is a solid and fun game from the civ-like/mom-like style. Very odd for a preview to come out for a game that's been out for months.

I'm not sure I'd consider it less complex than civ (at least not enough to state it). They have different mechanics but the same style of gaming. FELH doesn't have stuff like religion or culture but Civ doesn't have fully customizeable/designable troops or hero units that have RPGish elements, and Civ doesn't have magic. FELH a little more ruthless than civ (even before Kale got involved it a similar vibe as FFH mod for Civ IV).

I prepurchased the original and was disappointed but because Stardock takes care of customers I ended up getting both FE and FELH for free. If you've ever bought the game in its various incarnations you should check your Stardock account.

As much as I like FELH I'd really prefer that Stardock crank out a GalCiv 3. GalCiv 2 is one of the better space 4X out there even today and it seems like that is what Stardock does best gaming-wise. GC2 improved on GC1 nicely and it'd be pretty sweet to see a GC3 that improves on GC2 similarly.

Back
Top Bottom