Risen - Cinematic Trailer

Wow:

"A glimpse of what is most likely the intro to the German-made action role-playing game, and yeah, there's no ugly Germans yammering away for ten minutes this time".

I am aware that Voodoo Extreme is just trying to be funny, but not only is this not funny, it is also pretty stupid and offensive.

Wow:

"A glimpse of what is most likely the intro to the German-made action role-playing game, and yeah, there's no ugly Germans yammering away for ten minutes this time".

I am aware that Voodoo Extreme is just trying to be funny, but not only is this not funny, it is also pretty stupid and offensive.

It get's worse when you click on 'ugly Germans':

It says:
a huge, fat guy with a bald head and this bull neck and says "Hello."

Aw, I like Michael Hoge, his eyes are friendly, his voice is warm and he looks good in that video.
That :furious: Voodoo Extreme.

Andrew Burnes is a total dick for saying that, I won't ever be going back to VE.

Apparently this prick has no idea what it's taken to even get PB to do interviews that make it to the English speaking world and now this arrogant little asshat thinks its funny to trash people for their ethnicity. ucker.

Funny, I was actually thinking they looked pretty good.

I myself thought they had a certain aesthetic appeal, and seemed to be warm and interesting people.

The insult is showing of a very questionable character trait, but at least the person in question was kind enough to speak as he did for all to hear - so we all know this about him now.

I don't think anyone would be really offended. I mean it's internet - who cares? If someone says Poles are retards I just ignore it or think "lol, idiot". Dhruin you have nothing to apologise in my opinion.

This type of stuff is pretty annoying. But over the years here at this very sight a lot of this kind of chiding is directed toward us Americans. It's not too pleasant now is it.

I don't think anyone would be really offended. I mean it's internet - who cares? If someone says Poles are retards I just ignore it or think "lol, idiot". Dhruin you have nothing to apologise in my opinion.

This was a personal remark directed at specific people.

When you've been interviewed in a video released all around the world and someone publically calls you ugly, huge, and fat - come back and tell us how it feels.

It's not about the opinion mattering or anyone necessarily being offended, it's about juvenile and meanspirited behavior that you can either care about or think is fine.

That said, I see nothing that Dhruin should apologize for.

Well, the 'a huge, fat guy with a bald head and this bull neck and says "Hello."' is indeed a translation from what the PB guy was saying. He was telling a story about how this rough looking voice actor didn't manage to say his lines in an angry voice. It's a subtitle. The picture is misleading I guess, but the subtitle is in order.

The ugly Germans comment is just bluntly offensive, as I said.

"there's no ugly Germans yammering away for ten minutes this time"

Kay… Yammering for ten minutes? Ugly?
I wonder, who's VE referring to…
There's a link, I'll bet it'll explain the definition of "ugly germans yammering away for ten minutes"…
Hey, what do I get…
Michael Hoge, with that infamous text - in an interview that lasts appr. 10 minutes (9.45 to be exact).

(…)It's a subtitle. The picture is misleading I guess, but the subtitle is in order.

The ugly Germans comment is just bluntly offensive, as I said.

I'm sorry, I don't think, this can be taken as just "a subtitle", it's not just that "the picture is misleading", it's giving the answer to who, a.o., is an ugly German (yammering for ten minutes), who and why, it's a plain insult and meant to be that way. Hah hah how funny - not.

Last edited:
Not your fault in any way Dhruin, we don't expect you to read every single word or catch every prick on the net. :)

I have to admit how wickedly cool it would be, if you never linked to VE again. :devilish:

Oh, never commented on the actual trailer, duh!

I normally don't pick on women heroes in games, but I still hope there is some beauty salon in the game so the noname female lead can get a shave.

Think if I keep bitching about not having a gender choice PB will actually do something about it? :p

I'm going to resist watching this now, I'd rather wait and watch it off the actual DVD, right before I'm about to dive into the game.

Back
Top Bottom